Ameritage cases?

Duddles

Reaction score
I have been looking for a case to fit my new tenor uklectic when it comes in and I ran into the Ameritage company. I was looking on the Ko'olou site and noticed the pretty custom version they carried. Does anyone have experience with these cases? How well does the humidifier work and has anyone had one custom made?

Also, do any of our local case experts know of any other hard cases that can fit the 35mm uklectic body? I have already asked Pete, but he doesn't really have any recommendations with cases.

Thanks!

I have been looking for a case to fit my new tenor uklectic when it comes in and I ran into the Ameritage company. I was looking on the Ko'olou site and noticed the pretty custom version they carried. Does anyone have experience with these cases? How well does the humidifier work and has anyone had one custom made?

Also, do any of our local case experts know of any other hard cases that can fit the 35mm uklectic body? I have already asked Pete, but he doesn't really have any recommendations with cases.

Thanks!

Hey I have an Ameritage case, as far as I'm aware most of their 'custom' cases are built in the same way as their standard cases but you get to specify interior colours and exterior trim. I don't know of anyone who has purchased on of their true bespoke cases, most ukes are of a standard shape and size.

The humidification system works really well. It has a separate compartment in the case where you can place the humidifiers (supplied with the case) or the silica gel if you want to remove moisture. The humidity area has 4 holes allowing the moisture to flow through pretty much all of the case. It also comes with a built in hygrometer so you know the humidity and temperature of the case at all times.

The cases are really well built, look great and are strong. They can be quite heavy if you travel really long distances and have to carry it round in your hand but this can be solved by buying a shoulder strap. The handle is so soft I've never really had a problem with it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, that helps a lot! I do know for fact that they do custom make them according to size if requested. I was more or less just wondering about the durability and quality.

Thanks again for the response! It looks like I probably have found my case!

They're the best cases I've yet to find....period.

Thanks, that helps a lot! I do know for fact that they do custom make them according to size if requested. I was more or less just wondering about the durability and quality.

Thanks again for the response! It looks like I probably have found my case!

Yeah well they are as good as you can get before you go up to things like Calton cases.

They have a great plywood construction and the interior is designed so that your instrument is suspended between padding and doesn't come in contact with any of the exterior material. The fit and all the hardware is also excellent and very solid.

I got mine from this website, this information page should help out:

http://www.finecases.com/browse/ameritage/ameritage-3306.html

Also a member on this site GX9901 did a really good review which I enjoyed checking out before I bought mine:

http://gx9901ukes.blogspot.com/2008/03/case-study-part-3.html

Okay yeah after reading that review and checking the accompanied link showing the detail, I have to say that is for sure the case I am going with... now only to get the required measurements of the Uklectic. Thanks guys!

And I checked out the Carlton cases after you mentioned them... :eek:

Oh man they are insane, and have a hefty price tag attached...

And I will do so if I remember! It will be a couple months before I get it as I do not have the Uklectic yet, but I believe that Pete is doing his best on it right now!

I've ordered a couple of custom Ameritage cases. The first one just had color change on the exterior trim and the interior color, while the second one had color changes and custom dimension. I think the first one took about 2 months while the second one took three full months to complete. Here's a post about the second one. These cases are really heavy but offer great protection and are probably the best at keeping an intrument humidified.

Hmm three months, just in time for Winter... thanks for that info. Although I'd hate to bother Pete after repeatedly telling him that I would leave him alone until he needed me, I think I'm going to have to ask him the required dimensions so that I can get the case before the horrible, dry, cold. Did you order yours direct from Ameritage or through Fine Cases?

Edit: Nevermind, ignore that question, I see that you ordered from Fine Cases in your link. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hmm three months, just in time for Winter... thanks for that info. Although I'd hate to bother Pete after repeatedly telling him that I would leave him alone until he needed me, I think I'm going to have to ask him the required dimensions so that I can get the case before the horrible, dry, cold. Did you order yours direct from Ameritage or through Fine Cases?

I ordered from Fine Cases. I didn't know where to go to order from Ameritage directly. Fine Cases had the cases drop shipped from Ameritage.

Top Bottom