My first ukulele arrived today!

sealcove

Reaction score
It came and I am happy. As I mentioned in my earlier thread it is a used but recent model Kamaka tenor in mint condition. It is just like the one I remember picking up a number of years ago, and I am already quite pleased with the purchase. I will try to snap a few shots in the morning.

Now I can wear my UU shirt when arrives and not be quite as big a poser! :)

congrats! a kamaka tenor is one of the next two or three ukes i plan to acquire for my collection. :D (<---that's me, happy for you but green with envy).:shaka:

Don't forget to post your first video when you're ready! :D

I will be happy to once I can play a few tunes all of the way through. Tonight I am just messing around with the intervals and getting familiar with what notes are what in the first position. I also learned one version all the major, minor, and seventh chords, plus a few extras. Seems like quite a bit easily translates from guitar, but that high G string is still confusing me. I will be a hack for quite a while, but I am already having lots of fun.

Here is an oddity I didn't expect: I never sing. I never sing while playing guitar or mandolin. For some reason strumming chords on the ukulele already has me humming and even, gulp, singing! Albeit badly. :)

There is something relaxing about the uke that I have not found present in my guitar or mandolin playing. I like.

Last edited:
Heehehe! My ukes make me sing, hum and whistle too! That is until my puppy howls at me to for !#@@$@#@ sakes shut UP!! *everyones a critic!* :eek:

Now I have wandered into strange territory... I found Dominators tab for Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper, and while I cant play it all the way through, my wife heard me singing and playing enough of it... If this gets out :)

Is there some kind of drug wafting from the Koa wood that I should know about?

Now I have wandered into strange territory... I found Dominators tab for Time after Time by Cyndi Lauper, and while I cant play it all the way through, my wife heard me singing and playing enough of it... If this gets out :)

Is there some kind of drug wafting from the Koa wood that I should know about?

I think there is something about the ukulele that makes every song in the world fair game.

Songs from bands you don't like suddenly become interesting. "I bet that would sound awesome on the ukulele."

Songs in genres you don't normally listen to have a mysterious intrigue. "Wow, that music has a fascinating sound; I bet it would be a better sound on an ukulele."

And then you must SING!

I love it.

I think there is something about the ukulele that makes every song in the world fair game.

I am quickly discovering that. Last night I briefly stumbled on a chord progression that sounded an awful lot like the "Have to Believe we are Magic" song Olivia Newton John sang in Xanadu, and I was digging it. I am pretty sure that would never happen to me playing guitar or mandolin.

It came and I am happy. As I mentioned in my earlier thread it is a used but recent model Kamaka tenor in mint condition. It is just like the one I remember picking up a number of years ago, and I am already quite pleased with the purchase. I will try to snap a few shots in the morning.

Now I can wear my UU shirt when arrives and not be quite as big a poser! :)

That's a great uke, congrats!

Top Bottom