Uke Minutes 59 - Advanced Finger Picking Pattern I

Hey Peoples. This week's episode of Uke Minutes is here:

Uke Minutes 59 - Advanced Finger Picking Pattern I

This one isn't as "advanced" as it sounds, it's a pretty simple picking pattern, but just might take some time to get the timing down if you're planning to play it full speed. Try it out and as always, if you've got questions, feel free to let your fingers do the questioning in your very own post below!

Have fun!

Thanks for this uke minute! I especially liked the tetris-style picking diagram. :D I'll give it a shot now...

This was awesome. I can't wait for part II. It amazes me that the simplest things can sound so good and be so easy to pick up. Thanks!

Nice lesson, Aldrine. I would remove the word 'advanced' from the title. Not really accurate.

Yeah, fingerpicking sounds harder than it actually is and adds a whole 'nother dimension to your playing over straight chord strumming. You can use a pattern like this to pick using the exact same chords you'd strum. :)

I'm just a beginner but I totally get what you're saying. I did Aldrine's finger picking lesson on the same chords for Over The Rainbow and it's like a totally different song. Like getting 2 songs for the price of 1. :D

so during the plucking of C and A... is his using his pointer finger to push A away" as in he isthumbing C, but he does almost a pull off on A (without placing the finger on the fret)? I can't just get the tempo right, but it looks like in order to do so, a push off or something must be done.

I love this one! I agree, I think the word "advanced" might scare some people away, I know it would have for me if I hadn't read this first. It's not too bad once you get your fingers around it.
I just tried it for Somewhere Over the Rainbow like the.ronin suggested and you're right! It works brilliantly for that song.

Top Bottom