PDA

View Full Version : tonight at kona pacifica kafe

NukeDOC
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
so we're going to be sharing the stage tonight with ibcruzn at the kona kafe in east lake san diego. i am going to be setting up a mogulus station while there tonight to test drive the upload speed with my wireless net card. it will be around 7pm pacific time tonight. if you can please help out by checking it out tonight and giving feedback on the sound quality and feed speed of the stream, it would be greatly appreciated. if everything works out, i would like to invite everyone to check us out whenever we do a gig there.

and if you are in the san diego agrea and have nothing to do before hitting downtown for the clubs, come down and check us all out.

i will post up later with the address of the mogulus station once its all set up.

pakiboy949
12-28-2007, 11:25 AM
yo that sounds sick nuke, i'll try to visit one day from Orange County.

rayan
12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Nuke whats your mogulus channel address? I'll be tuning in!

Fred Miu
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
rayan, im still a little lost on setting up mogulus.

rayan
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
rayan, im still a little lost on setting up mogulus.

I'm not as supportive of mogulus as I was before our live broadcast. That thing totally crapped out on us when it got to clutch time. Luckily uStream pulled the MJesque buzzer beater and saved us.

I'm going to try to get in touch with the mogulus guys soon to let them know our experience with it. We still plan to try to use it for the live lessons but we'll probably only take a few students for each lesson.

NukeDOC
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
www.mogulus.com/nukedoc619

im on it right now. ill be on for a few minutes while im setting things to where i want them to be. so if anyone stops by, no prob in saying hello. but this is not going to be how it is later on. i may have to lower the vid resolution. im still on a cable connection right now. i will be on a wireless net card later. so im just hoping my reception there is good enough.

maybe i should set up a ustream as well, just in case?

rayan
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Come on guys, Nuke is playing right now! Tune in!

Fred Miu
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
hey UU family, GET ON NUKE's MOGULUS!!! NOWWW :D

Dominator
12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Nuke, I tuned in for a while. There was a lot of distortion and buzzing but when it was clear the vocals sounded great. I wish I was down there to hear it live and in person. Rock on brother.

rayan
12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Me and Aldrine were watching and it really reminded us of when we first started. We even played a lot of the same songs that you guys did. Awesome job.

Man all you guys can sing.

I think the mic was just too close to the speakers or something cause it kept getting distorted but it was fun watching you guys perform.

Fred Miu
12-28-2007, 06:49 PM
ditto with what rayan said, you guys played so well, that the mic couldnt take it haha

cMejilla
12-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice gig out there man. It sounded great.

BUGOY
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
thanks for tuning in guys, really. it was our first of many gigs to follow at that place. hopefully our next performance will be better and hopefully the video stream will turn out better as well. I had alot of fun, and again i want to thank all of you watching.

tripl3thr33
12-28-2007, 07:50 PM
damn, i missed it :(

JumpingPulgas
12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
I missed it too:(

NukeDOC
12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
wow! look at all the support! man you guys are AWESOME!!!

i really didnt know what to expect, setting up the laptop. basically it was about 5 feet away from a 15" speaker. so i can understand the distortion. its a really small place. and whenever theres any act there, its PACKED. so i had to claim that table pretty quick. i would really like to get it to where the audio comes out good. maybe if i set up an external condenser mic. or even a passive mic. that might help with things.

how was the video quality? i noticed that it got pretty choppy. was it the same on your end?

well it looks like the management has given us the go to play there every friday. we all had a blast. and cant wait to do it again. hopefully next time we'll have enough material to fill up our time there without taking so many breaks. haha.

thanks again for the support. really awesome.

kyle
12-28-2007, 10:34 PM
cool! hope to catch the next show. had to leave before you guys started tonight.

FunkyPeaNutZ
12-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Damn, can't believe I missed it. But I'm sure you held it down and did an awesome job. Good job on the new vids you posted on youtube too bro.

NukeDOC
12-29-2007, 10:17 AM
well if you missed it, we will be there again next friday (possibly every friday). hopefully i can figure out the audio probs by then and get a good place to set up my laptop.

NukeDOC
01-01-2008, 09:58 PM
well if you missed it, we will be there again next friday (possibly every friday). hopefully i can figure out the audio probs by then and get a good place to set up my laptop.

scratch that. sorry. not happening.

tripl3thr33
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
awww i was looking forward to it :(

tribal_theory1
02-03-2008, 06:29 PM
crazy...me and a couple of my boys played at kona pacifica last night.

UKESTAR
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
wow! look at all the support! man you guys are AWESOME!!!

i really didnt know what to expect, setting up the laptop. basically it was about 5 feet away from a 15" speaker. so i can understand the distortion. its a really small place. and whenever theres any act there, its PACKED. so i had to claim that table pretty quick. i would really like to get it to where the audio comes out good. maybe if i set up an external condenser mic. or even a passive mic. that might help with things.

how was the video quality? i noticed that it got pretty choppy. was it the same on your end?

well it looks like the management has given us the go to play there every friday. we all had a blast. and cant wait to do it again. hopefully next time we'll have enough material to fill up our time there without taking so many breaks. haha.

thanks again for the support. really awesome.

Give us more of a "heads-up" next time. I would have driven down to South Bay to support you guys for sure. Let me know in advance so I can set some time aside to cruise down to the Kona Cafe next time..

NukeDOC
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Give us more of a "heads-up" next time. I would have driven down to South Bay to support you guys for sure. Let me know in advance so I can set some time aside to cruise down to the Kona Cafe next time..

unfortunately, we wont be playing there anymore for reasons that i would rather not discuss online. but ask me about it on thursday hahaha.