Sources for tone wood?

taylordb

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before....I did a search and did not find anything.

Is there a list of suppliers that have tone wood....specifically I'm looking for tone wood sets for tenor uke. I'm getting ready to start my 1st project and want to do alot of looking at available wood.

Also, any vendors to stay away from would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bluemtnacoustics.com/

Bend, Oregon - the owner used to work for Breedlove.

He sells a few uke kits on eBay - I have purchased a kit from him and am hoping to get up the nerve (and clean out some work space) to build it. The wood is nice stuff, sanded to thickness, sides pre-bent. Real nice guy, too...

His eBay ID is rivdriftr, but you can contact him directly at the website above.

Thanks everyone. I was kind of looking to go a little beyond the "standard" sets and see what was out there in a variety of different tone woods. Some of the links got me in the right direction.

Is there any out there that I should avoid? I realize the reluctance to badmouth a supplier, but if you have had a bad experience it would be helpful to know that. I can't recall where I read it, but it was somewhere in this forum that I read that the person got the wood and it extremely wet. I just want to avoid that type of thing.

But thanks so much for the leads so far!

Top Bottom