The best price

Skrik

Reaction score
I have been looking for Christmas presents (I like to have control of things). Makala dolphins. (Please don't tell anyone -- it's supposed to be a surprise.) Ukuleles aren't readily available up where I live, so I am forced to do my shopping abroad. I have been checking German shops, British shops, and -- as ridiculous as it may seem -- around the other side of the globe, at MusicGuyMic's.

I'm shocked. Shocked in a pleasant way, of course.

The best deal -- considering the extras -- is without a doubt from MusicGuyMic. But get this: he also has the best prices (including shipping). With all the extras, and the increased milage, he is still cheaper than shops that are 1/10 the distance between him and me.

I know where I'm doing my Christmas shopping this year.

Remember that you will also have customs charges added on to that too when it gets in to the country! Its such a shame we're stung for charges in Europe, im dreading how much i will have to pay when my new uke gets into the U.K!

Remember that you will also have customs charges added on to that too when it gets in to the country! Its such a shame we're stung for charges in Europe, im dreading how much i will have to pay when my new uke gets into the U.K!

Norway is not yet a member of the EU, which means I get hit by customs, no matter where the packages come from. The cheaper the price + shipping, the lower the customs charges, though, which makes me happier.

(100 posts -- sorry about that.)

That is a shame mate, its really unfair! Ah well, at least with getting them from musicguymic you know you're getting good service!

They arrived!

And they arrived in plenty of time for Christmas.

I took a quick look, and they are in perfect condition. I resisted the urge to unpack and play one, though. I would just end up ordering two more, after deciding that I really need these two myself.

My girls don't know what they are in for. :)

MusicGuyMic is quite simply the best eBay seller in the whole darn world!

Oh yeah he is! I've ordered 3 dolphins this month, and will be ordering more in the future! :) I've only been able to play one cause the others are for friends out of state... But he does a wonderful job on them! I might have to get a orange burst one for myself as a go everywhere! :)

I have a question for you Europeans: Do you have to pay customs for anything that gets sent to you? Gifts too? Hardly seems fair.

:DIt really wouldn't hurt anything to unpack and play them a few times just to get the strings settled in.

I have a question for you Europeans: Do you have to pay customs for anything that gets sent to you? Gifts too? Hardly seems fair.

I have to pay 25% of the cost and shipping, no matter where the merchandise comes from (a small loophole resulting from Norway's rejection of the EU back in 1994). A gift is another matter. However, customs doesn't often believe that gifts can be sent directly from companies, so in the past, I have been stung on gifts, too.

Is it fair? I doubt it; but often the price is still more reasonable than buying domestically.

Isn't the EEC wonderful!?

The problem with all of that political BS is that it causes everyone to pay more... and that is beneficial how?

Top Bottom