Tweed Case

the.ronin

Reaction score
I am actually looking at the first style for my tenor. I am waiting on an email back from elderly to verify the length and that my uke will fit in it.

If you look at the images, the case listed at Elderly has two latches, while the Stagg case has three. Otherwise, they look very, very similar.

Dave Means sent my Glyph custom mezzo-soprano (in between soprano and concert size) in what looks like the Stagg concert sized case. It's a really, really nice uke case - the tweed fabric is very classy looking, and the plush padded lining is provides great cradling for your instrument.

You're totally right, Lefty. The Elderly one also is shaped more to a ukulele. I may just go for the Stagg case based on the price and your review.

Isn't your new KoAloha supplied in a hard case?

I don't think so. I got it used off eBay.

The Koaloha will not fit in the Stagg! I have a koaloha sop. and a Stagg and they do not like each other.

I bought THIS tweed, (there's a difference! I looked at yours also, and I liked this one more) and got it in the mail yesterday. I'm in love with it, and TOTALLY recommend it.

The Staggs have a rounder head and body, while the one I got has a square head and a shaped body. Personally, I think they look cheap. (don't hate me...)

I had a similar dilemma deciding between the rectangular and the shaped. Here's the thread if you want to see the replies :)

Last edited:
MGM just shipped me a KoAloha soprano in a tweed case and it fits almost perfectly. That uke has an unusual shape so be careful; maybe MGM can sell you a case.

MGM is sending my KoAloha soprano in a tweed case too, I requested it instead of a semi-hard case. I believe it's a Kala tweed case, so maybe thats one to look for too.

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I’ll wait for mine to arrive before ordering anything to be sure.

What a beautiful bevy of ukes of various styles, woods, etc.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

If it helps anyone, here is more info about the first tween case linked above; the one sold by Elderly:

Thanks for the inquiry! Listed below, please find the approximate interior dimensions for this case:

TWDHS-T
Total Length = 27 and 1/2 inches
Upper Bout = 7 and 1/2 inches
Lower Bout = 9 and 1/2 inches
Depth = 4 inches

I supply those same tweed cases upon request. It's a nice vintage look. The only thing is is that they don't wear well. So if you travel with it a lot it's going to get "broken in" real quick. It's fabric after all, and hard to clean. Other than that it is a quality case.

I supply those same tweed cases upon request. It's a nice vintage look. The only thing is is that they don't wear well. So if you travel with it a lot it's going to get "broken in" real quick. It's fabric after all, and hard to clean. Other than that it is a quality case.

Yup. My Kala ASMT lives in a tweed case. It's fraying a bit around the edges, but that's largely because I stomp my foot on the case to keep time when I play! They look great, and a little bit of road wear just adds to the cool. :cool:

Most importantly, UU stickers will stick to the fabric of those tweed cases just fine. :shaka:

I believe Tiny Tim had his uke in a tweed case in a shopping bag. Check him out on you tube. He only used a one finger strum but had a repetoir of
1920's uke songs that he did on his road shows. On TV we only saw Tiptoe through the tulips which was first done by Kevin Burns in a 1929 movie. It's on you tube too.

Oh man I saw the coolest case. I was over at Island Bazaar for those of you in the Orange County, CA, area. It looked like the tweed cases linked to here but instead of tweed it was a darker olive / tan / drab sort of canvas. Unfortunately the only one there was a soprano size and I needed a concert size. Dan (works there) told me it was a "prototype" case but I wish I remembered which company. I want to say Kala. Such a nice case.

Top Bottom