Tenor strings with steel c string?

Island_Uke

Reaction score
How would I do this? My family has Tenor ukes with a steel string C strings and I'm wondering where can I get it? Do I have to get uke strings and get a steel string off a guitar?

I'm sure someone can advise you more specifically, but I would warn you against using steel strings on a uke.

You can use guitar strings on a uke, but stick with strings intended for classical guitar. The classical wound strings have a nylon or filament core and would be okay. True steel strings meant for an acoustic (not classical) guitar have too high tension for a uke.

seems to me mate that they have had a 8 string tenor set of string, which in the pack the low octave or high forget which one C sting is a steel wound string thats what it would be

Look on MGM's site, a lot of strings sets...Aquila, Ko'olau, etc come with a wound string you are looking for, at about the same price as all nylon. I particulary like the Ko'olau gold tenors with that wound string...sounds like a slice of heaven on my Acacia KPK "Beyonce"! :cool:

Aquila makes a set of tenor strings with wound C strings. I got one with wound low G and wound C strings.

Top Bottom