Anyone use hilo strings on the 8 string uke

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day, i wanna start messing around with some different brands of string, currently my kala 8 string has aquillas on them but im after some different ones as i dont feel there the best, anyone used hilo strings on there 8 string uke or have found another brand to give the best sound

I have Hilo strings on my Mele 8 string. They sound good but seam a little hard to me. I am going to order a set of Worths Clear to try.

I am not an expert by any means, I have only been playing a few months. I can only do a few chords, and part of a few songs.

Here is a link to worth strings if you are interested.
http://www.ukuleleworld.com/tenor/

I've been using Worth Clears on my 8 string which I prefer over Aquila. I'll probably try something else before the year is out, maybe Guadalupe Strings. Here's the Price List.

Kanaka916...................Does Worth make clear strings for 6-String Tenor?? I only see the Brown ones...........Howie

MGM has a big selection of strings. You just gotta email and ask him for a set you are looking for......it would be way too much work to post everything he has.

MGM has a big selection of strings. You just gotta email and ask him for a set you are looking for......it would be way too much work to post everything he has.

hahaha i was about to ask that in this post, looks like its a set or worth strings for me, after listening to some sets on youtube they seem to give the ukes are little bit more of a brighter sort of sweeter sound (hard to explain) but in my opinion after listening to a heap of comparisons i think there the strings ive been looking for thanks again to every for being really helpfull and placeing your opinion, great community here :D legands cheers

Top Bottom