Famous Musicians You Have Met

Dino

Reaction score
I'm curious to what famous musicians everyone has met. I have been fortunate enough to have met, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Tony Conjugacion, Kelly Boy Delima & the original Kapena, Aunty Genoa Keawe & Na Leo Pilimehana. Living in Hawaii and being stuck here, I havent had the opportunity to meet a lot of other artists, especially from the mainland..........ones i'd like to meet: Al Jarreau, George Benson, Jay Beckenstein (spyro Gyra), Chuck Mangione.......too many.....

Last edited:
I've met Brutha Iz (when I was working Hawaiian Airlines - he was a passenger). Also, The Rolling Stones, Audioslave and Fleetwood Mac (as a Flight Mechanic, our airline flew those groups to their concerts and I got free tickets/back stage passes, etc.) Fleetwood Mac was the coolest cuz we got to go to Stevie Nicks house to party after a gig in LAX. Wish I could have taken pictures, but it was strictly kapu (forbidden).

I was just talking with a friend about this today, but I met Mike Doughty back in 1996. We had a lengthy discussion about Michel Foucault.

Other than that, I've briefly talked to-- like got to say "hi" to-- a couple musicians, but noone I'd expect anyone else to know. I've met some famous people, but mostly journalists, politicians, and a few "famous" academics...

I met many Hip Hop singers and Djs on hip hop kemp in VIP bar ;D

Audio Adrenalin, Mercy Me, David Crowder Band, Hockey Player Gordy Howe. Ummmm I think thats about it... My wife has met Drew Cary...

Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Lenny Kravitz, Henry Rollins, John Mellencamp, The BoDeans... I think that's it.

I met Pearl Jam through Eddie's cousin Heather, who lives here in Chicago. Eddie's from here too. He wrote "Why Go Home" about her. When their first album hit, I saw them at least a dozen times. We got to hang out with them. Pictures exist, but my buddy has them. I'll scan them someday. Been meaning to.

I met Soundgarden on their bus. I went to a show where they opened up for Skid Row and one of these chicks I was talking to disappeared for awhile. We went to go look for her and found her on their bus. I hung out with them for about an hour drinking Asahi beer.

I met Lenny Kravitz and John Mellencamp just from hanging out by the back door after their shows. John Mellencamp wasn't very nice. Lenny was stoned out of his gourd, but he was super nice.

I went to an in-store signing thing when I met Henry Rollins. He was intense.

I met the BoDeans because I dated the drummer's wife's sister. They were kind of pathetic. The bass player was a drunk, and Sammy was a dick.

My best story is about Mazzy Star, and I didn't even meet them.

I had a huge crush on their lead singer, Hope Sandoval. I went to a show and hung out by the back door waiting for them to come out. I'd waited for a while, and my friends wanted to leave, so in a last ditch attempt I knocked on the door of the bus to see if someone was there.

This dude opens up the door and I didn't know what to do, so I stammered out, "Uhh... Is Hope on the bus?" The dude said, "Yeah." I wasn't expecting anyone to even open the door, I didn't have a plan.

So I fumbled around in my pockets for something to give to her, and all I had were my keys. I took my key ring and gave the guy a key chain shaped like a rooster that was painted gold, and asked him to give it to her. He said, "Wait right here."

Soon he came back and handed me piece of paper with a drawing of a cat with wings and a halo, autographed by Hope.

I was delighted.

Later that night at the bar I cracked open a beer and it hit me.

I gave Hope Sandoval my golden cock and she gave me her angelic pussy.

:D

I was just talking with a friend about this today, but I met Mike Doughty back in 1996.

I love Mike Doughty. Awesome.

I've met Brutha Iz (when I was working Hawaiian Airlines - he was a passenger). Also, The Rolling Stones, Audioslave and Fleetwood Mac (as a Flight Mechanic, our airline flew those groups to their concerts and I got free tickets/back stage passes, etc.) Fleetwood Mac was the coolest cuz we got to go to Stevie Nicks house to party after a gig in LAX. Wish I could have taken pictures, but it was strictly kapu (forbidden).

Ooh! Tell us the stories, please!

Good one Seeso. Good one!

Just opera people that no one will know. Heck, I didn't know them at the time, other than they were very nice and knowledgable people that I learned a lot from.

My dad knew some nascar drivers. One of them is a commentator now although his brother is better at it, and that would give it away to anyone who followed nascar.

LOL...that's classic :D Now, where can one buy one of those yellow roosters? :D

I met Jake in front of the Napa Valley Opera house.

I met Carly Simon, Russ Kunkle and James Taylor. THier kids were campers at a summer camp I was a cook at.

The best was meeting Mick Jagger on Mustique. My host introduced us and I was speechless. My host's brother, however says to Mick "If you were as good looking as Paul McCartney, I'd ask you to marry me", which cracked Jagger up pretty good.

Top Bottom