Turner Compass Rose F/S $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigster59

Reaction score
I have an earlier Turner Compass Rose tenor ukulele for sale. It is a Santa Cruz sycamore with a rare sycamore neck (as opposed to mahogany). It's in great condition, plays beautifully and sounds incredible. It has really opened up and has great volume.

The reason I'm selling is that I inherited my Grandmothers Martin tenor so this one reluctantly needs to go. I would like to commend Rick Turner (I know he contributes to this forum) for making a top notch instrument, it's tough to let this out of my hands.

The price is $600 + actual shipping costs. The original gig bag is included but shows some wear, I'll also throw in some strings w/ wound G. The picture I'm posting is not the actual ukulele, I'll try and get some up tonight I just wanted to give an idea of the look. You can PM me or e-mail craig@alphaprops.com Thanks for looking.

1464_img1.jpg

I played with one at Momilani's in Oceanside; very deep mellow sound. A well constructed instrument.

OH MAN, I dont know who I am more jealous of, you for inheriting a Martin Tenor or whoever gets a compass rose for $600 bucks. If only I had the money....

I'll trade you a drumset, a harmony bass, and a squier strat, and a kidney for it...

Here are pics of the ukulele. I'll throw in the 2 packs of Aquila strings and the "Hippie" strap..
traumgun157.jpg

traumgun148.jpg

traumgun153.jpg

traumgun161.jpg

No, it's just shadowing due to my crappy photography skills. Here's a better photo (still blurry) of the tuners. They're Kluson style, really hold tune well. And trust me, I play better than I snap pictures.
traumgun163.jpg

Whoa. Totally diggin’ the compass sound hole. And that sycamore is pretty sick.

I've been dying for this uke since I first saw one, but I live on student loans and Uncle Sam doesn't think supporting my ukulele habit should be included in my cost of attendance. If it's still for sale in two years I'll buy it.

Do all his ukes have the floating fretboard like that?

Do all his ukes have the floating fretboard like that?
Yes, that's a "Turner thing". It keeps the soundboard free to work at full potential (Rick could chime in although not sure if he "cruises " the classifieds). It really makes a noticeable difference.

Yes, that's a "Turner thing". It keeps the soundboard free to work at full potential (Rick could chime in although not sure if he "cruises " the classifieds). It really makes a noticeable difference.

The elevated fretboard also facilitates a wider range of adjustment for the action. There will be a greater string angle over the saddle than would be realized if the fretboard was not elevated, assuming the same action.

It should make a noticeable difference and Mr. Turner thought that one out well...:bowdown:

Now, we need to get the makers to start using "string-through" bridges...:eek:

The Compass Rose has been sold and is off to a good home. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom