my strings are to large

AMS

Reaction score
hi there im new to this whole uke thing and i need some help! My sister gave me an old kamaka ukulele (i belive 1960ish) it had no strings. i bought some Martin strings but the C and E are to big for the bridge. please help

hi there im new to this whole uke thing and i need some help! My sister gave me an old kamaka ukulele (i belive 1960ish) it had no strings. i bought some Martin strings but the C and E are to big for the bridge. please help

Do you mean the strings won't fit thru the holes in the bridge?

its got 12 frets and its got one of the old style bridges the one where you put the knot under that slot then the string is held by the knot

its got 12 frets and its got one of the old style bridges the one where you put the knot under that slot then the string is held by the knot
that would make it a soprano perhaps try buying a different set of strings in soprano size (i recommend worth lights.) if they don't fit then well i dunno..

ill try those out thanks! but the odd thing is upon further inspection i got string rated for soprano/concert.

so in other words butcher the martins till they fit then buy Worth lights when i get the money?

maybe it was a left handed uke? try threading the c in the e hole. just to see if it fits i doubt this is the case though.

nope it dont work. im just gunna costum fabricate the string till it fits

Top Bottom