New Mainland Day

RevWill

Reaction score
My new(ish) Mainland arrived today, so Happy Birthday to ME! I'm very happy. Can't wait till those Nylguts get here, which should be tomorrow.

I know, Pics or it didn't happen - soooooo.......

100_7219.jpg

100_7223.jpg
100_7229.jpg

Is that KOA BINDING I SEE? :eek:

I don't know what kind of wood that is, but that macro shot in the middle turned out better than I expected. And everyone here is right - no photographs do the rope binding justice. It's far more beautiful in person than in even the best photos.

Congrats....now update your signature.

Yes, sir Mr. Deach.

Side note: My last name is Deuel, and my father's signature kind of looks like the word Deach - he almost closes the u, the second e looks kind of like a c, and there's a little flourish after the L that makes it resemble an h. As a result we used to get lots of mail addressed to the Deach family.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I was under the impression that Mainlands come with nylgut?

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I was under the impression that Mainlands come with nylgut?

You're not being thick at all. I bought mine from an individual, not direct from Mainland. WhenDogsSing had it strung up with low-G Worths. I'm gonna put Nylguts back on it coz they're what I like anyway.

And in that bottom pic you can see that I stuck an old Nylgut hi-g string on there so I can play it till the new strings arrive.

Oh, haha, my noob eyes automatically identified them as GHS strings, which was confusing in many many ways.

Very nice. What kind of case is it in?

--Mark

:nana:Happy Birthday and congratulations on becoming a Mainland owner. Don't forget to join the Mainland Ukes owners club. :nana:
Regards,
Ray

The red cedar is actually a stunning color too. Very natural, not yellow like spruce - but not exactly orange either. Kind of a reddish gold. Looks great with the rope binding and gloss finish.

Very nice uke! What kind of case?

There is no name brand on the case. I think it's one that MGM sells. It's semi-hard with a canvas exterior and plush black interior with a velcro strap to secure the neck. It has a nice pocket inside that has room for goodies including a tuner, pitch pipe and maybe a strap.

Now to save my dimes until I can afford to have hoosierhiver slap a MiSi in there.

Top Bottom