Alternate for B7?

MrsMeyerMusic

Reaction score
Is there an easier way to play B7? I am working on MusicTeacher20's "You've Got a Friend" and I just can't get B7!!!!!

how are you playing it? you can bar the second fret with your pointer and use your middle finger to play 3rd fret on the C string :)

Rock on! I can do that! Is that an inversion?

Yes, it's an inversion (on a high G uke), but those are the same exact notes that are contained in the barre version of 2322.

Honestly though, I'd keep at the 2322 version. That form is mobile and very useful in the long run. Learn them both!

Come on, MrsMeyer. Practice, practice, practice. Isn't that what you would tell your students?:D

Another form that doesn't involve barring all 4 strings with the index finger (although you can bar across the first and second strings as if you were playing the major chord) is:

A-2
E-5
C-3
g-4

The other advantage of this form is that it is also moveable. I tend to use this one myself as I find the barred form a little cramped on a soprano.

If you do the bar across the first two strings this form is easily changed back to the major by lifting your little finger.

hey guys thanks for that link, i too have dificulty playing 1 or 2 odd chords and with there being a simpler version its a great thing to know, makes playing just that little more easier and twice as more funner :shaka:

Honestly though, I'd keep at the 2322 version. That form is mobile and very useful in the long run. Learn them both!

Good advice. Practice will make both shapes (and more) available to you - even the ones you find hard to start with.

Top Bottom