Melokia Ukulele

It's just a relabeled Koa Pili Koko and most people who own a KPK myself included are very happy with there's. They are usually made from solid Acacia (looks and sounds very similar to Koa) but some of the newer models are also now available in Mahogany.

I got a Melokia on my last trip to Honolulu in July-August. It is like a long-neck Concert.

It looks and sounds great. I replaced the strings with Aquilas and got a better case than the soft one it came in.

I've played it on the sidewalks of Waikiki. Great projection.

Very pleased. In fact I left it in Hawaii (my Mom's) so when I go back I'll have a "decent" uke to play. I miss not having it with me in Seattle!

Im an owner of of a Melokia Cutaway Tenor and Im very happy specially for the money that I paid for it. Its built solid and it sounds great.. Im playing around with different strings now to see which one I like.. So far, I think the Aquilas brings out the best sound from this instrument.. atleast to my ears.

which one were you thiking about getting :shaka:

I agree with everyone so far. My Melokia Tenor is beautiful and has a wonderful tone. I think the sound is pretty compatible with my KoAloha... I know, blasphemy right? :D

Top Bottom