L.D. Zerone ukulele case

Rich

Reaction score
DO NOT buy this case!!!! I loved the way it looked when I purchased it. This case never left my bedroom. I had it for about 3 months and the edges which appear to be stitched are really glued and started to peal. The handle litteraly just fell apart. I called the company in New Jersey where I purchased it, and they said there was nothing they could do. They felt I damaged it. Believe me this product is a piece of garbage. I would not ourchase a uke from them either because they obviously do not stand behind there products

Being in the market for a tweed case myself, I want to thank you for the heads up.

Although feedback from others would be welcome as well to see if this is a recurring issue.

I dunno if you just got a bad case or what, but I have this exact same case and I've had no problems at all with it. Sorry to hear about yours though :(

The name caught my eye; it sounded very familiar, so when I did some research on L.D. Zerone & Co., my initial suspicions were confirmed. It turns out that I actually live in the same town as the family that owns the business (their main music shop is quite literally a two minute walk from my house). Talk about a small world.

I've never tested their ukes or seen their uke cases up close, but I'll probably be able to test their ukuleles sooner or later. I'll let you know what kind of quality their instruments and cases are. The instruments themselves seem like China-made Bushman knockoffs (from the pictures I've seen), but I can't be too sure without seeing them and playing them in person. I'll try to check for consistency, too.

As for the customer service, I wouldn't really be able to vouch for any of that. (I can only vouch for the fact that us South Jerseyans aren't exactly known for being helpful or courteous. :rolleyes:)

Bummer on the case. Their selling price is kind of high for that, too. (Or maybe I'm just really cheap.) Either way, I'll check it out.

My husband got a Zerone uke & case in November. We're in South Jersey too. No problem with the case so far. The uke is okay. It is indeed a nameless made in China vanity item with a label put on. Not a bad solid wood tenor, but the fret markings are a little bit random. 5, 7, 9, 11...

I got an L.D. Zerone tweed case in September, and I love it. It's lined well, and looks really neat. It only stays in my room, but it's in perfect shape and isn't falling apart on itself yet. = )

I saw the L.D. Zerone Solid Mahogany Baritone on eBay. It comes with the case for $149 plus shipping. Any thoughts on this instrument?

I'm also considering an Ohana Baritone Roundback Ukulele BK70RB. It's a little more expensive but I've found that the $$$ saved on the cheaper instruments is often made-up for in aggravation.

Any suggestions on a good baritone under $300?

I saw the L.D. Zerone Solid Mahogany Baritone on eBay. It comes with the case for $149 plus shipping. Any thoughts on this instrument?

I saw this on eBay, as well. I was interested in the case, but not the ukulele. It's the only rectangle baritone uke case I've seen.

Any suggestions on a good baritone under $300?

I just got a Mainland baritone and can't say enough good things about it!!!

I also thought "Is that a Bushman?"
Keep in mind that a lot of places buy instruments from factories in China and may tweak them a little, but they come from the same base design.
I would not be surprised if they are the exact same. Mainland has shown, it is the customer service and setup that counts.

I purchased a case for my leolani concert uke I bought in Maui last year. The case looks great and has held up fine for me. Sounds like you got a lemon. Its too bad they wont stand behind their product. :/

Top Bottom