Ukulele Strap???

BigJon

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm wondering if there is a way to use guitar strap locks and strap to use on an ukulele. I've seen it on someone's uke on Youtube, and I was just wondering if its safe for your uke. Or is it better to stick with my string style strap?? Anything would be helpful!

Mahalo!!!:shaka:
BigJon

First, shine a light into the soundhole where you're planning to drill the hole to make sure there's a solid block of wood/bracing there to drill into. Otherwise it may be too delicate. I put guitar strap buttons on my ukulele, and I'm very happy with it.

I've got strap buttons on every one of my ukes. There's tutorials on how to install them yourself on youtube, but if you'd rather take them in, most music stores will do it for you.

I've got strap buttons on every one of my ukes. There's tutorials on how to install them yourself on youtube, but if you'd rather take them in, most music stores will do it for you.

I was going to do that, until I saw my local music store was going to charge $30. Basically anyone who knows how to use a drill can do it. My uncle did it perfectly for me in under 5 minutes.

I was going to do that, until I saw my local music store was going to charge $30. Basically anyone who knows how to use a drill can do it. My uncle did it perfectly for me in under 5 minutes.

$30???? My first uke cost that much...Wow...the strap button costs between 1 and 2 on its own, and maybe a felt washer to go along. ouch...

$30 seems a bit high to me for a strap button installation. I was able to have mine done for $10 and that included the cost of the buttons. Try calling around to different shops, you might find a better price. I like the Levy's Leathers 1/2 Carving Leather Mandolin strap, which is on sale right now on Amazon.

–Lori

Top Bottom