Makapili Hinoki Tenor in Europe

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a new Makapili Tenor.

Makapili ukueles are 100% hand made by me in my workshop in Italy. I take great pride in the build and sound quality of every ukulele I make.

This one is made of

Soundboard. Solid Hinoki

Back and sides: sloid Acacia confusa

Neck: spanish cedar (spanish style heel)

Head plate veneer: Isan shan

It looks and sounds incredible.

Here is a soundfile, but please excuse my shabby playing.

http://www.box.net/shared/5k1gm55fun

The price is 650 (reduced to 444) Euros, including shipping within Europe, and a hard case (not best quality case).

This ukulele has a very few, very, very , very shallow sanding scratches. This probably doesnt even need to be mentioned, but my consience wont let me leave it out.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 149
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105
  • ssp2.jpg
    ssp2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 93
  • end.jpg
    end.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
What about 550 (reduced to 444)?

I REALLY need some cash.

Now is your chance to "steal" an instrument from me.

I do not want to deal with ebay.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
All of the ukuleles I sell will have a two day return time. If you arent happy within two days, send it back I will return your money. Minus shipping.

Lets try 500 Euros (reduced to 444)

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
What about 497 Euros.(reduced to 444)

Last edited:
I guess I will take 444 Euros.

I think this will be the last hinoki top instrument I will sell this year. The rest will be all solid acacia. The hinoki is way too nice to sell for these prices. I will save the rest of it for later.

Hi Thomas!

I see you posting all these beautiful ukuleles here, and it makes me sad that you are apparently not selling them at a high enough price. Judging from the videos that have been posted where people play your ukes, they seem to sound amazing!

I know myself why i'm not pulling the trigger on of them, and that is the headstock shape. This ofcourse, is very subjective, but I think the rounded headstock makes them look less professional than a normal martin headstock would. The rest of your ukes look just brilliant, but the headstock annoys me a bit, and that is to bad.

Just thought you should know.. Hope you don't take it the wrong way..

good luck! :)

Hey Moller,
Thanks for the nice words about the sound of my ukuleles. I am real pleased with them. As for the rounded headstock. I kind of like it. Nothing else on an ukulele has a point, and I decided not to make my headstocks pointy either. I like smooth fluid things.

It is too bad that the shape of a headstock may be keeping people from owning an incredible sounding instrument for an incredible price. I will take that into consideration, and can certainly make any shape headstock (within reason) anyone wants on a custom basis.

Take care,
Thomas

I though similar about the headstock at the begining - but when the ukulele arrived I changed my mind totally - this headstock is really really nice, It look much better in real than in the photo.

Top Bottom