Island Legends- Torrance CA.

ukeskywalker79

Reaction score
I just wanted to give a two thumbs up to Todd at Island Legends in Torrance. About a week and a half ago I purchased an all mahogany Kala concert from him however I wasn't quite happy with the wood grain/color. I purchased it anyway as it was his only one. A few days go by and I search all over the internet pictures of my same model. I was instantly disappointed with mine after seeing how it can look. I know mahogany has variations in color and tone and I'm sure someone else would have been happy with the one I owned but I was looking for more of a reddish finish instead of the light brown. I called Todd and he went out of his way to make sure I was happy. He special ordered me a brand new uke with the finish I was looking for. To make things even better its Kala's newest solid mahogany (KA-SMHC) which is the newer model not even on their website yet. It arrived yesterday and the exchange was easy and painless. Even though it was all my fault he went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. I give them 5 stars. :shaka:

I’ve vouched for Todd before too ... the guy is all aces. Same sort of situation where he totally went above and beyond for me. Totally laid back guy willing to answer all my questions – more importantly, the type to say flat out when he doesn’t know the answer.

He really needs to set up a website though.

FYI, they close a little later on days they have uke lessons one of which is Thursday. This works out great for me since I don’t get out of work until 6pm which is when they normally close.

I like Todd
4041979.jpg

Yes, Todd's great. He made me a sweet deal on my Kala acacia wood tenor uke. I tell as many people as I can about his shop.

Top Bottom