Rising cost= rising prices

MGM

Reaction score
The sly mongoose says that new pricing for Koaloha is coming out mid Septemeber so if you've has a desire i would'nt wait too long So far Kanilea, Pono, Koaloha and G string have raised prices this year...

I have to pay more for a G-String now? :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Oh well, at least the price increases that these ukemakers have been doing are reasonable, at maybe about 10%. Compare that to Fender, which went ahead with 25% across the board price increases earlier this year. And besides, the economy is starting to recover, so we shall all have money for new ukes soon!

Oh well, at least the price increases that these ukemakers have been doing are reasonable, at maybe about 10%. Compare that to Fender, which went ahead with 25% across the board price increases earlier this year. And besides, the economy is starting to recover, so we shall all have money for new ukes soon!

Recover? Not here. It is worse this year than last year.

Recover? Not here. It is worse this year than last year.

Well, unfortunately, when economists say recover, they're talking about metrics that usually aren't felt by the common person. Thus the term "jobless recovery" as employment probably isn't going to improve for a while, even if there is broader economic recovery. So I guess that was misleading...economic stabilization/recovery is happening, but we might not see the effects in terms of more ukes in living rooms for a while.

Well, unfortunately, when economists say recover, they're talking about metrics that usually aren't felt by the common person. Thus the term "jobless recovery" as employment probably isn't going to improve for a while, even if there is broader economic recovery. So I guess that was misleading...economic stabilization/recovery is happening, but we might not see the effects in terms of more ukes in living rooms for a while.
Except I have to say one thing.

Probably most of us are looking to save money and cut costs wherever we can, whether that's eating out less and buying more generic brands and using coupons at the grocery store, or giving up going to the movies in favor of renting a DVD or just watching what's on tv.

Playing the uke is actually a fairly inexpensive hobby (unless you are overtaken by UAS) compared to a lot of other things.

I'd like to think that more people are looking at hobbies that are rewarding and don't require a big outlay like greens fees to play golf.

A uke in your living room, and having a family sing-along... what a concept! Let's get back to some good old family values in that regard. And realistically, it's a bargain. :)

Except I have to say one thing.

Probably most of us are looking to save money and cut costs wherever we can, whether that's eating out less and buying more generic brands and using coupons at the grocery store, or giving up going to the movies in favor of renting a DVD or just watching what's on tv.

Playing the uke is actually a fairly inexpensive hobby (unless you are overtaken by UAS) compared to a lot of other things.

I'd like to think that more people are looking at hobbies that are rewarding and don't require a big outlay like greens fees to play golf.

A uke in your living room, and having a family sing-along... what a concept! Let's get back to some good old family values in that regard. And realistically, it's a bargain. :)

Well said my friend :shaka:

The sly mongoose says that new pricing for Koaloha is coming out mid Septemeber so if you've has a desire i would'nt wait too long So far Kanilea, Pono, Koaloha and G string have raised prices this year...

Phew, glad i ordered mine this weekend then MGM!

I hope you can keep your pictures the same size and just start a second row.

Of course, that means you'll need at least 3 more to fill that row....

I'm sure you're up for it. Again, beautiful pics of beautiful ukes.

Last edited:
I hope you can kleep your pictures the same size and just start a second row.

Of course, that means you'll need at least 3 more to fill that row....

I'm sure you're up for it. Again, beautiful pics of beautiful ukes.

Are you referring to my signature, was it you that said something in another thread? If it is to my ukes, thankyou for the nice comments! I won't be adding to it for a while though im not allowed another one 'till christmas lol! The KoAloha is on the way so not yet in my hands!

Your insight serves you well young Jedi.

Top Bottom