"Join the Safari" Video Contest

Bosko and Honey

Reaction score
Win a trip to Australia! - "Join the Safari" Video Contest NOW OPEN!

[Edit: VOTE NOW!!!!!! Visit our website to do so!!!
YouTube Playlist of all entries HERE]

When we came up with the concept of Ukulele Safari Australia 2010, we really wanted to involve as many people as possible and share the love around. We had so much fun on Safari around the world last year, and received such unbelievable generosity and hospitality, we felt it was time to return some favours!
If we could, we'd have flown everybody we met last year down to Oz, but we couldn't afford it, so we chose a couple of people who we knew were flexible with work, and were great performers.
But we wanted more folks to have the opportunity to join us!
So, thanks to the AMAZING AND GENEROUS SUPPORT of our wonderful sponsors MIKE DaSILVA and KIWAYA, we can now announce a chance for someone (maybe YOU) to come to OZ and join us on the Safari!

The prize will be return airfares to the Melbourne Ukulele Festival, and the option to join us on Safari to Tasmania!
There will be some other prizes too, and we'll announce them as soon as we can.

Visit our website for more details!:cheers::music::D:nana:

Last edited:
Holy smoke!

this community is fantastic. I look forward to seeing the conditions...well, maybe lol. I might not qualify.

thank you for doing this regardless
Hey, :) We don't see any reason why you wouldn't qualify! And you're welcome - we feel organising this is the least we can do considering the generosity we've been shown by so many players and various ukulele communities around the world!
Plus... it's FUN!:smileybounce:

Yay! You guys are on a roll there!
The idea of a van, and a real solid road trip (no flying this time?) in a VAN should be healthy material for a series of crazy episodes. Looking forward to it, and to the entries to your contest.

Best to the both of you!

Wow, how awesome!
This is such an insanley awesome comunity!

We just can't hold back any more!
When we came up with the concept of Ukulele Safari Australia 2010, we really wanted to involve as many people as possible and share the love around. We had so much fun on Safari around the world last year, and received such unbelievable generosity and hospitality, we felt it was time to return some favours!
If we could, we'd have flown everybody we met last year down to Oz, but we couldn't afford it, so we chose a couple of people who we knew were flexible with work, and were great performers.
But we wanted more folks to have the opportunity to join us!
So, thanks to the AMAZING AND GENEROUS SUPPORT of our wonderful sponsors MIKE DaSILVA and KIWAYA, we can now announce a chance for someone (maybe YOU) to come to OZ and join us on the Safari!

The prize will be return airfares to the Melbourne Ukulele Festival, and the option to join us on Safari to Tasmania!
There will be some other prizes too, and we'll announce them as soon as we can.
There will be rules and conditions, and you'll have to agree to these and register your entry once we've set up the new competition site. We reckon it'll be ready within a week.

We just wanted to get word out 'cos it's too exciting to keep to ourselves any longer!!!!

More details HERE!:cheers::music::D:nana:

wow im so in !

Glad you like it guys - we'll let you know when it's time to register, hopefully this week.

Yay! You guys are on a roll there!
The idea of a van, and a real solid road trip (no flying this time?) in a VAN should be healthy material for a series of crazy episodes. Looking forward to it, and to the entries to your contest.

Best to the both of you!

Hey UkeNinja! Thanks, man. Did you get to go to Ukulele Picnic this year?

This is the first contest that I didn't want to win, I want to he a runner up as I'd never get me wheelchair on the bus. Great contest guys, good luck everyone.

Hey UkeNinja!
Unfortunately no, although the weather was perfect: last year I blacked out before leaving home because of the heat, and I missed it.
I did go to Mt. Takao with the uke group of Kiyaman and Meg of Lele de Bossa. Great fun and a lot of playing. I even had an audience for two songs!

Good health to both of you!

We're just so rapt to be able to offer this great prize, and really, kudos goes to Mike DaSilva and Kiwaya for making it possible, 'cos we didn't have enough cash to do it alone!
Oohh, I better start practicing my Aussie just in case...

"Good on ya mate!"
"Fair Dink'um"
"Crickey!"
"No worries..."
"Bosko and Honey are awesome!"

(If that last one is not in the vernacular yet, I'm sure it soon will be) :D
Strewth! Nuthn' wrong with your 'Strine... Blimey!
Can we make parodies?
No, sorry. As far as we can tell, there's no guarantee a parody won't be challenged by the copyright holders. We'd basically like to be able to use the entries as part of the web series, the documentary series (if there ever is one) and DVD (ditto) without having to worry about paying for songs or infringing someones copyright.
This is the first contest that I didn't want to win, I want to he a runner up as I'd never get me wheelchair on the bus. Great contest guys, good luck everyone.
If anyone does win who isn't able to come on Safari for some reason, they wouldn't have to. However, we'd like people to want to be part of the project, and not enter just for the free trip;)
Unfortunately no, although the weather was perfect: last year I blacked out before leaving home because of the heat, and I missed it.
I did go to Mt. Takao with the uke group of Kiyaman and Meg of Lele de Bossa. Great fun and a lot of playing. I even had an audience for two songs!

Good health to both of you!
And to you!:D

A chance to meet the great Bosko and Honey, I'm going to try my best!

Aaaaah...I'm so excited about the competition that I wrote a song and made a video....I hope the conditions don't say "No Ugly Beardy Scotsmen!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgR-6YGRp4

Fingers crossed!
Wow Jimmy, that was fast! Really enjoyed that! Well if beards are against the rules you could always cut it off... whatever's underneath might be a thing of great beauty:D Thanks for being the first - the registration and entry website isn't too far off.
A chance to meet the great Bosko and Honey, I'm going to try my best!
:eek:

Top Bottom