This one is for real my newest

wfwhitson

Reaction score
IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

Plays real nice, but came with Hilo strings, not sure I like them. Plan on ordering some Worths for it. Going to try brown and clear to see which I like the best.

Gorgeous! I love it when I see ukes with the fretboard that ends in a curve to match the soundhole :)

That's a beauty, Walt! Is that a one-piece top? Koa? How are you liking the 8 strings?

Yes it is a one peice top.

So far I am loving it, I do want to change strings. I play it most, but I find that I change back and forth with my Mango high G, to my Mahogany low G.
Just depends on the song I am tring to learn.

Arghh!! I can't see it. I almost bought a Mele solid koa 8 string but decided to buy a Pono mango eight string. Not sure if I made the right decision. I liked the Hilos on my Mele six string I had but I did want to put worths on it. I do not like aquilas on the Meles.

Plays real nice, but came with Hilo strings, not sure I like them. Plan on ordering some Worths for it. Going to try brown and clear to see which I like the best.

Here's an idea.... buy a set of Worth browns and a set of Worth clears. Then pair them up on the uke! A brown and a clear as each pair of strings. I think it would be visually striking, and the diffence between the browns and the clears is only the pigment, I'm told. Should work well....

Beautiful!

thanks for sharing the pictures.

I have a "Franenstein-ized" Mele 5-string,
G doubled/octave.

I love playing it. (Concert, by the way)

I am impressed with the Meles I've seen and played.
Light weight, thinner but wider neck/fretboard, curved back,
awesome looks, and wonderful sound, of course.

That's one super nice 8 string, love the koa top. Congrats.

Here's an idea.... buy a set of Worth browns and a set of Worth clears. Then pair them up on the uke! A brown and a clear as each pair of strings. I think it would be visually striking, and the diffence between the browns and the clears is only the pigment, I'm told. Should work well....

That is a good idea. I'm going toi try it on my 8 string.

Post a picture after you string it up! I'd like to see it. Finally! I had an idea someone liked! ;)

I got to order the strings first. I'll do that today. I'm really curious. The only thing that worries me is that it won't sound good and I wil have wasted two sets of worths.

BTW to OP you will love your Mele. They makes some of the best ukuleles out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom