Any Stores in LA/OC Carry Worths?

the.ronin

Reaction score
Island Legends (Torrance), Island Bazaar (Huntington Beach), and Seal Beach Music all says the same thing – that their distributor stopped carrying Worth strings.

Anyone know of any stores in the LA / OC area that carry Worth strings?

I'm also curious myself. I want to try a set of clears. Todd said he might carry them in the future but for no we're out of luck :( Probably best to just buy online. Tax free too :D

You can check the listing at the bottom of this page. If none of the local stores have 'em, your best bet would be to order them online.

I haven't seen them anywhere. I wish they had distribution out here. Most stores I have checked only have Martins. I order online. Get more than one package at a time to save on shipping costs.

–Lori

This is why I ordered my last Worth Strings from MGM.. Its actually cheaper and it shipped the same day I ordered them. got them in the mail within 3 days..

Easier fo ordah online . . . and sometimes cheapah. Options to consider; have any of you entertained the thought of using classical guitar string (Savarez, D'Addario)? Several thread on these. There's also Guadalupe Custom Strings, they have strings for ukes and located in LA. Just throwin' this out there.

Last edited:
I would check with MusicGuyMic on ebay. He might not have them listed, but he might still have some in stock. Just ask him a question on the ebay store, and he will get back to you. For instance, he only had the Kala Red High G listed, but I wanted Kala Red Low G. I inquired, and he had them! His shipping rates are the best I have found so far, and really fast service too!

–Lori

I did ask MGM and he's out of stock on the high g clear tenors, but says he'll get some probably in a few weeks. He's got the browns listed in stock now so I just ordered a set. :)

My tenor (only uke I've ever played) came with Aquilas so I really don't have a frame of reference, but they seem pretty hard under my fingers and I've liked carbon trebles on my guitar, so I'll give the browns a shot.

Honestly, it makes me nervous not to have any spares on hand. I do know I could cannibalize some classical guitar strings if it came down to it. :)

Yeah I would normally get them from MGM. In fact I just got some BL's. Elderly is good people but as someone else mentioned, the shipping for strings only is a bit exorbitant. MGM's was like less than a buck and it got here before I even pressed "Buy it now."

But what I was hoping to find was a local store partly because I was curious about this distributor thing and mostly because I wanted to just pop in and pick up some strings without any waiting.

Worth Strings back in stock

Just wanted you folks to know I have Worth Strings back in stock now. Am stocking the clear and the browns. Sorry for the long period without them. The only US distributor dropped out. We now have another. It was nice seeing a lot of you folks at Uke Festival in Cerritos. Shirley Orlando Island Bazaar, Huntington Beach- 714-843-9350

Just wanted you folks to know I have Worth Strings back in stock now. Am stocking the clear and the browns. Sorry for the long period without them. The only US distributor dropped out. We now have another. It was nice seeing a lot of you folks at Uke Festival in Cerritos. Shirley Orlando Island Bazaar, Huntington Beach- 714-843-9350

Hi Shirley! I was just going to say that Island Bazaar had a bunch of them at the Uke Fest so I'm glad you chimed in. Thanks for the Koolau case by the way. It was a great deal and I had been looking for the older model with the red stitch. Glad you had them. I hope to make it down to your store someday.

PS: just noticed it was your first post. Welcome!

good to know, I would come down for a set today If i didn't order a set from MGM last night!!!

oh well, I don't mind giving MGM my business... but waiting killlllls

Top Bottom