Redwood Kasha Tenor Question?

nic579

Reaction score
Would kasha bracing work out with a redwood soundboard? I just recovered some small pieces of tight straight grained quartered old-growth material big enough for book matched soundboards. I might try a fan bracing and a kasha, would love if anyone had any insight to share with me.

Thank You All.

Bracing patterns themselves matter far less than you think they do. Just make sure you build on the light side and that your redwood top is responsive. Kasha styling however does locate the sound hole on a different area of the sound box and there you will hear a difference. Personally, I've done a lot of Kasha/Schneider builds and for me it's not worth the extra effort. If you are a good builder, you'll do good either way.

Three cheers for Chuck for telling the truth! Kasha style is irrelevant - yet another guitar method unsuited for the ukulele. I second whole heartedly what Chuck advises - keep it light but securely braced. Do this by putting a gentle curve into the top - 22' is what i use tho I have made a few nice thin tops with a radical 12' that has made canons out of the little blighters... And a nicely shaped and accurately thicknessed bridge plate 1/4" wider than the bridge (1/8" either side).

Top Bottom