Headway ukulele??

petah

Reaction score
Anyone try one of these hand made (Martin copy) ukes coming out of japan?

What's a Headway?

A: About eight pounds!

< rimshot >

JJ

Yes link please!

Cool site! Check out their Lauke and Loco brands of ukes, too. There's links to click on in the sidebar under Ukulele. Wish I could read Japanese....I'd like to know how much those bad boys cost!

Based on today's FX on yen, the Hawaiian Koa tenor Lauke would be USD$2,324. (It does look nice.)

Kiwaya makes extremely nice fact similes of Martins, I wonder how these compare.

Yep that's the site.. I was offered one of those custom Bacchus guitars and I had to check out the company. If the ukes are anything like the guitars it's well worth the money.

Kiwaya makes extremely nice fact similes of Martins, I wonder how these compare.

I was wondering the same thing. I have been trying hard (...yeah, right) to resist the Kiwaya KTS-7 (gotta love that skunk stripe), but something else in that old Martin vein would interest me.

Uke playing seems to help me when I can't sleep. Especially something like what John King would play. (Maybe that along with a nightcap ;-)

Yeah, some uke playing would probably help, but I don't know how I'd do that without disturbing my better half. I'm nowhere near being able to play John King's music, though, and since I don't drink, the nightcap wouldn't help. :(

It's only occasional, and usually my own fault. Often happens when I eat dinner real late, like last night....

LOCO DUK-5T Ukulele

I will be purchasing a Loco DUK-5T uke this weekend. I have found some info on them. They are made in Japan by Diviser. If you want to see a pic just let me know.

Larry

Top Bottom