UAS Help (Which KoAloha to get?)

haolejohn

Reaction score
OK I hate which ukulele should I get threads so I dedcided to start my own lol. I am in the market for a new KoAloha (not interested in any other brands so you can suggest but it won't change my mind). I have always loved the Pineapple Sunday, Sceptre, and the tenor with a crown bridge, however the tenors are not being made with the crown bridge anymore so unless I get a used one that option is not there. I can get a factory second tenor for $750 (with bowtie bridge) or a factory second tenor sceptre for $800. Anyone have a sceptre that would share advantages of one? I have seen videos of the sceptre and when I visited the factory they didn"t have any tenors or sceptres or pineapple sundays. What would you guys recommend:)

Tenor Sceptre...do it. Those things look so cool.

If I could justify it for myself, I would buy one too.

I would go with the Pineapple Sunday personally... those things are absolutely beautiful. I plan on making one my third quality uke that I buy.

Last edited:
I can think of a lot worse problems than not being able to decide WHICH KOALOHA to get. That must really suck. :(

i have a koaloha super concert with the crown bridge and its not factory second. Ill give a Kiwaya case, hecro humidifier, two pairs of strings one in high G and the other in Low G. The date stamp is April 2009. are you interested?

Have you ever heard of Mele ukuleles of Maui? :D

Have you ever heard of Mele ukuleles of Maui? :D

LOL Ahnko. This is actually the first ukulele purchase where I am NOT thinking about a MELE. It has been a tough decision not to consider my second favorite ukulele company but my experience at the KoAloha factory made the KoAloha become priority.

BTW- The pineapple Sunday is great but I can n ot afford one of them unless I save up for a long time. $1,300 is a lot of money.

Start saving........Pineapple Sunday:love:

Do the right thing amd get yourself a KoAloha 6-string, like I did......You will love it !

BTW- The pineapple Sunday is great but I can n ot afford one of them unless I save up for a long time. $1,300 is a lot of money.

It is totally worth it to save up for one of those beauties... No need to get your second choice when your first is only an extra month of saving away.

Save, pinch pennies a few months if need be, and get your dream 'ukulele, you won't regret it guarantee. :shaka:

Save, pinch pennies a few months if need be, and get your dream 'ukulele, you won't regret it guarantee. :shaka:

yeah haolejohn, just save the kala for what you really want. no piece meal yrself cause you never going be satisfied. i get choke `ukulele just sitting around my house, my dad going cockaroach them already.

ahnko, matt(2d) went home this wkend. should try and go hanapa`a with him.

Can you even get Pineapple Sundays anymore? That's what I would get if I could find one...
Cheers,
Skottoman

John, you know that I have a tenor. So... that means you should get something else :D. Don't be a poser, haha. No really, I plan to buy a pineapple sundae... one day too.

I'd be reasonable and get what you can afford right now, obviously still staying with Koaloha. I'm getting a soprano. Whats the best sounding strings for this uke?

much love

The only problem is that I equally want one of each. The Sceptre is my first choice or maybe it is the pineapple sunday. One day I'll have both. Along with a tenor. As far as 6 strings go i just sold a Mele six string to buy an 8 string (prefer the 8 string sound). Anyone have any leads on used tenors with crown bridge or used Pineapple sundays? It'll come down to what is available once i get my money. I could always have a sale all my ukes to fund a PS sale.

Top Bottom