Can't Help Falling In Love and the Family Guy Theme Song

Keonikapila

Reaction score
Well, I bought a cheap digital camcorder a few months ago with the intention of recording some new youtube vids...finally had some time today to sit down and get some of em going...(I had one more, but I accidentally deleted the damn thing...haha)...anyways, here they are...comments and suggestions are welcome

...i should mention that I broke 2 fingernails this weekend, so I trimmed em...pretty short. Anyways, that's my excuse kinda missing the strings every once in a while and the thumpy-ness of some of the phrasing...Honestly, I think it wasn't really too noticeable, except for one part in the "falling in love" video...if you catch it you catch it...haha

also, if you're wondering what the "clicking" is in the background...that's the dog walking across the wood floor...:p

Oh yea, and in the "falling in love" video, I'm using my Low-G Pono, and the wound string that I've got on there now is kinda overpowering...sorry about that...I'm still trying to find a good wound-G since Ko'olau changed theirs

The Family Guy Theme Song(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCPAt3QUbVg)

Can't Help Falling in Love(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JdYq95iwhI)

Thanks man, I recorded an instrumental version of Bob Marley's "Turn Your Lights Down Low" too...but managed to hit the wrong button on the camcorder and deleted it!

I'll see if I can't get some time later this week to try that again...haha.

just noticed ur name has keoni in it:

whats it mean in hawaii?? Mi cousins name is keoni

Keoni = John

From what I understand "Keoni" isn't a "real" hawaiian name...it's an english-ized hawaiian name that's basically the equivalent of John

nice looking and sounding ukes - and great job on both :)

tab out can't stop falling in love?? mi fav ub4o song :D and ub40 one of mi favourite bands

Can do...I'll try to get it up tonight, but it'll more than likely be tomorrow

Ok, there were a couple of requests for tabs...so here we go.

I should mention that these aren't exactly what I'm playing...I don't count my strums when I'm playing and I don't think about some of the simple fills that I do...so that said:

1) The parts of the tab that look like strums shouldn't be taken exactly as its written...just figure out what sounds good for you when you're strumming.

2) On the "Falling in Love" tab, I didn't realize how much "extra" stuff I add-in when I play it...I tried tabbing it the way I play it...but it's making me dizzy...haha...I did tab some of the arppegio (however the hell you spell that) patterns...but just like the strums, I wouldn't play it exactly as it's written because it's probably wrong...just play around with it. This song has a LOT of room to add your own little things into it

Code:
FAMILY GUY THEME SONG

A-------3----2--3---------2---1---2------1-0--1----0--1---3--------0--0--0-0
E-------1------------1----1-----------1--3---------------------3---1--------
C--0----0-----------------2--------------2-------------------------0--------
G-------2-----------------0--------------0-------------------------2--------
  IT  SEEMS TO-DAY  THAT ALL YOU SEE IS VI-O-LENCE IN MO-VIES AND SEX ON T-V

A-------------------------------0-----0----1---0--------0---5---0---------3-3-3-3
E--1----3----3----1----4----1---1------------------3----------------1-----0-0-0-0
C-------2-----------------------0--------------------------------------2--0-0-0-0
G-------0-----------------------2-----------------------------------------0-0-0-0
  BUT WHERE ARE THOSE GOOD OLD FASH-IONED VAL-UES, ON WHICH WE USED TO RE-LY

A-5---4----5----7--8--7--5--3--3-3-3-3--1---0-----1---0--1---3-----------------------2-
E-6----------------------------0-0-0-0--3---------------------------5--4--5---4---5----
C-5----------------------------0-0-0-0--2---------------------------5------------------
G-7----------------------------0-0-0-0--0---------------------------5------------------
  LU-CKY THERES A FAM-IL-Y GUY          LU-CKY THERES A MAN WHO    POS-I-TIVE-LY CAN DO

A--------------------------0-----------0---5--x---4--x--5--x--5-5-x-7-7-x-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8
E--3---2----3-----2----3----------1--------5--x---4--x--5--x--6-6-x-6-6-x-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
C--2---------------------------------------5--x---5--x--6--x--5-5-x-7-7-x-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
G--0---------------------------------------7--x---4--x--5--x--7-7-x-5-5-x-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5
  ALL THE THINGS THAT MAKE US   LAUGH AND CRY    HE'S   A     FAM - LY   GUY
Code:
CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE

F   Am  Dm          Bb   F   C7
A-------3---------0----1----0----1-1-1-1
E--1----0---1--3-------1----1----0-0-0-0
C--0----0---2----------2----0----0-0-0-0
G--2----2---2----------3----2----0-0-0-0
  WISE MEN SAY,ON-LY FOOLS RUSH IN

Bb   C7    F    Gm
A--------------------------0--1---0-----1---0-0-0-0
E----------0-----1----3-----------1-----0---1-1-1-1
C----------0-----0----------------0-----0---0-0-0-0
G--0--0h2--0-----2----------------2-----0---2-2-2-2
  BUT  I  CAN'T HELP FAL-LING IN LOVE WITH YOU

Am             E7            Am             E7
A--0---0-3---7----5------5------0---0--3---7---5-------5--
E--0-------------------4---4----0--------------------4---4
C--0-----------------4----------0------------------4------
G--2---------------4------------2----------------4--------
  LIKE A RI-VER FLOWS          SURE-LY TO THE SEA

Am             E7            Am                       Gm
A--0---0---3--7---5-5-5-5-5-----3-----3-----------3------1-------1-------
E--0----------------4-4-4-4-----5-----5------5--------5--3-----3-------3-
C--0----------------4-4-4-4-----4-----4------------------2---2-------2---
G--2----------------4-4-4-4-----5-----5------------------0-0-------0-----
  DAR-LING SO IT GOES          SOME THINGS  ARE MEANT TO BE

F   Am  Dm            Bb
A--------------3---0---------0----1-----0---1-1-1-1
E------0-1-1---0---1-----3--------1-----1---0-0-0-0
C--0-2-----0---0---2--------------2-----0---0-0-0-0
G----------2---2---2--------------3-----2---0-0-0-0
          TAKE MY HAND  TAKE MY WHOLE LIFE TOO

Bb   C7    F    Gm
A--------------------------0--1---0-----1---0-0-0-0
E----------0-----1----3-----------1-----0---1-1-1-1
C----------0-----0----------------0-----0---0-0-0-0
G--0--0h2--0-----2----------------2-----0---2-2-2-2
  FOR  I  CAN'T HELP FALL-ING IN LOVE WITH YOU

A---------------0---------0--1/3---3-------3-----
E---------0-----1----3-------------5-----5-------
C---------0-----0------------------5---5-------5-
G--0-0h2--0-----2------------------5-5-------5---
  NO  I  CAN'T HELP FALL-ING IN   LOVE           

A--7-------7-------7--8-------8
E--6-----6-------6----5-----5
C--7---7-------7------5---5
G--0-0-------0--------5-5
  WITH               YOU

Keoni = John

From what I understand "Keoni" isn't a "real" hawaiian name...it's an english-ized hawaiian name that's basically the equivalent of John

Can do...I'll try to get it up tonight, but it'll more than likely be tomorrow

hahah john :) MI cousin is a girl lol :D her brother said it meant john but i wanted to make sure :D

I call her John Lmaoooo - not all tha time though :|

WOW fantastic Job tabbing those out!! those are your arrangements? Keep it up!

Thanks, yea they are my arrangements...I've got probably a dozen more like this (unfinished instrumentals) that I'll hopefully start getting around to recording.

hahah john :) MI cousin is a girl lol :D her brother said it meant john but i wanted to make sure :D

I call her John Lmaoooo - not all tha time though :|

aaah...brah....now I feel bad for Johnny-girl...:p
...well, if you look up "ke oni" in a hawaiian dictionary it means something like "the movement" ...I'm not sure if that's better or worse though...hehe

...SOOOOO...I cruz over to ukuleleunderground this morning and just after I click on the forums link I could've sworn I saw my name. So I go back and check, and wouldn't know it, video of the week! haha

That's freakin awesome, I feel almost-semi-quasi-famous! Thanks UU!

Congrats on getting video of the week. And thanks so much for posting tabs. I'll definitly be learning the family guy one!

Congrats on getting video of the week. And thanks so much for posting tabs. I'll definitly be learning the family guy one!

Thanks for the congrats, and no problem on the tabs! Just keep in mind that the strumming parts of the tab aren't accurate (the number of strums is likely off...I don't count strums when I play, I just strum till it feels "right"). If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Top Bottom