Persimmon

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of a ukulele made of American Persimmon or even Oriental Persimmon? It can be a beautiful wood and is in the same genus as Ebony. If you look at persimmon wood, there is even a small piece of ebony wood in the center of the trunk. I just got my hands on a big piece of persimmon and am wondering what to do with it.

Anyone ever heard of a ukulele made of American Persimmon or even Oriental Persimmon? It can be a beautiful wood and is in the same genus as Ebony. If you look at persimmon wood, there is even a small piece of ebony wood in the center of the trunk. I just got my hands on a big piece of persimmon and am wondering what to do with it.

Sell it to me, in the form of a newly-shaped ukulele! :shaka:

Yes Mike please sell me one in the form of a concert ukulele with ebony buttons on gold geared tuners. Did the Mangoes ever show up? Will you get any more Red Cedar concerts? Can you tell I just want to buy a concert ukulele from you? (just not a mahogany one and not a pineapple shape)

I was thinking that was the "wood" in golf clubs before "woods" all became ridiculously oversized metal things that go "TING!"

I reckon it would be hard on tools, being that dense. It is pretty, though.

I used to carve, repair, recondition, and sell tobacco pipes and I always wondered how persimmon would compare to briar for that purpose, but I never investigated it.

Up in Kula, Maui where I lived the last 12 years there were persimmon trees everywhere they being a popular fall crop. I had 2 persimmon trees in my yard in fact, one of my favorite fruits. I turn wood on a lathe and I always cherished every piece of persimmon wood I could get, so beautiful. Make something special with it. :shaka:

Top Bottom