Batman: Arkham Asylum

Usually I'm not so much of a comic books fan, but this game seemed too good to pass up. It's a new stealth/action game where you play as Batman fighting all of his classic and strongest foes.

It's already out in North America for the XBox 360 and the PS3, but isn't coming to the PC until September 15. They're offering a free demo on the official website, http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/.

Has anyone else played/heard of it? I thought the demo was brilliant, but want to know what others think before I actually spring out my wallet for the full version of the game.

spring out your wallet as soon as you can!
i'm not a batman fanatic, but this game is awesome!

they did a great job, maybe it's the first game coming from comic books, really well done.

you can do a lot different things, not only punches and kicks like a lot of recent games, there are also some tricky things to do.

it's very well done under every aspect. (graphics, audio, playability...everything).

this is just my opinion but i think that is objectively a very good game.

Just picked it up and waiting for my wife to stop watching stupid TV shows so I can play it on the 52".

I'll let you know how it goes.

I give it 3 stars out of 5. Some of the coolest gameplay ever - along with some of the most frustrating.

Prince of Persia meets Batman.

Better than I thought it would be, but not as good as it could have been given the excellent engine.

what do you mean for frustrating gameplay?

up to now (well actually i don't have a lot of time to play) i found just a couple of quite hard fights but nothing more.

i ask you because i find this game almost flawless and i'm not an easily amused "videogamer".

When I first started playing the game I did feel some frustration especially the parts where you had to take out a room full of thugs with guns... but the more i play, the more I realize that there are a bunch of options I have that I didn't think about before that makes playing easier (I'm playing it on Hard difficulty.)

My favorite moment last week was swooping down, knocking out one of the bad guys, putting a plastic explosive on the ground near him. When the other three went to him and investigated I just pressed the button and made them go BOOM!!! Not very batman like I know... but made that go by so quickly.:D

My favorite moment last week was swooping down, knocking out one of the bad guys, putting a plastic explosive on the ground near him. When the other three went to him and investigated I just pressed the button and made them go BOOM!!! Not very batman like I know... but made that go by so quickly.:D

Can't wait to try this move out.

I think this is definitely the best of the Batman video games. Plus I think it's pretty cool that they got some of the people from the animated show to do the the voices. IMHO Mark Hamil does on of the best Jokers

what do you mean for frustrating gameplay?

up to now (well actually i don't have a lot of time to play) i found just a couple of quite hard fights but nothing more.

i ask you because i find this game almost flawless and i'm not an easily amused "videogamer".

Keep in mind, I'm a video game snob.

Nothing "hard" in the game in my opinion, it's far too easy and mostly just tedious.

It's a logic and mechanics issue. Why, for example can you only attach the grapple to some things, while others at the same height and structure are inexplicably unusable? Makes me crazy. I can see limiting it's use on some things, but grapple-able things are the exception rather than the expected rule.

And why, why just gargoyles? The "hide and pounce" move is so classically Batman that he feels hobbled most of the game. It should be a freeform sandbox. If he can see it, he should be able to grapple to it with a few exceptions. Very disappointing to me.

Also, since detective mode is on most of the time, why the heck is it so ugly? The graphics are pretty mediocre overall (why is everyone so plastic and shiny?), but that detective mode sucks all the pretty out.

Little things mostly, but they begin to add up to a shoddy game.

Horribly repetitive, illogical, and "game breaking" things like the Croc level that just should have never been written. Also, why the 400 billion Scarecrow levels? 1 or 2 was fun, but by 4 I was finished with the concept. Not hard, just tedious.

Big promise, almost no delivery from a gameplay perspective.

Story is cool though, and it's fun to fight, even though there is not much to it.

I've down-graded it to a C- in my book.

Top Bottom