My favorite type of uke video

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
This is a great example of my favorite uke videos. She's not a great or even good musician or singer. But she's-

1) enjoying herself
2) seems surprised that she can make music (which is a great thing about the uke-anybody can learn it a bit)
3) Obviously is enjoying having an outlet to express her feelings to her family and friends through music
4) gets a feeling of satisfaction that she was able to play the song

The ukulele is such a great equalizer - everbody who can pick one up can do something wonderful with it.

It is wonderful.

Nicely put, Ukisociety.

We should invite her to join us at UU if she isn't already a "member" of this wonderful community.

Yep. That's ukulele right there. She's immersed in the complete celebration of what she's enjoying and that is cute.

By the way, on a related note, do you prefer listening to singing or to the uke playing?

I like the focus to be on the sound of the uke, myself. I like to hear what players are doing.

I enjoy instrumentals, but I prefer listening to renditions of familiar songs, with emphasis on the ukulele accompaniment in the background.

How about you?

Should this be a separate thread?

aww i just watched the video. it's totally adorable... especially that kiss at the end. It's great to see people learning uke... it really is a fun instrument to play.

I agree 100%. what other instument could you learn a few chords on and be playing songs on as fast as the ukeulele? If you want to take it further there are lots of things to chalange yourself with, if you do not you can still have a LOT of fun with a handful of chords.:smileybounce:

Top Bottom