contacting bushman ukuleles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i love stitch

Reaction score
I tried calling a bunch of times and it rings & then i get a dial tone, could they be on vacation or something?

I'm trying to call to cancel my order and get my money back.

Last edited:
Isn't there some sort of law that says a seller can't actually charge your cedit card of receive money until the item is actually shipped? I could be totally wrong, but I thought I had read that somewhere.

Thanks for the kudos CoLmes - I love your videos and am one of your subscribers. And thanks to you Kim and Rich (SaliorQwest) - I am anxiously looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend at the Bean.

Answering the telephones here at Bushman is a top priority of ours. Even though our hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri eastern time, we actually cover the phones from 8am til 6pm Mon-Fri. I am always surprised and frustrated when I hear someone had trouble reaching us. Anyone here who has trouble reaching us at the office number of 812-988-8200 can call my private cell phone 24/7 at 317-250-8156.

As far as going through growing pains, it's true - we did have two employees steal from us in the worst way possible in September 2008, but we've come out of that even stronger and better than ever.

Our Jenny will be appearing in a new movie called "Eat Pray Love" starring Julia Roberts. We've got some exciting plans for this year's Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest coming up October 1st. And we're sponsoring Playing For Change which is a music cause that all of us should support - I love seeing different cultures and societies and races all come together around music. I believe music could help bring peace, and permanent change for the better.

Stay tuned,

John Hall
Bushman Music Works
812-988-8200 office
317-250-8156 cell
Twitter
Facebook
Here's a previous post from a previous thread about Bushman and there's a cell number for John Hall. Might be worth a shot. Good Luck!

Here's a previous post from a previous thread about Bushman and there's a cell number for John Hall. Might be worth a shot. Good Luck!

they said they would refund my money in 24 hours 5 days ago! they never did!!!
i left 4 messages, some on the work number, some on his cell, and they wont answer the phone...how am i supposed to get my money back?

i really don't know what to do anymore, its been a month i've been trying to contact them and get my money back like they said:mad:

I was originally going to buy a bushman but after repeated emails and messages to see more pics, questions about models, etc. with no reply, I finally gave up.

I am now the proud owner of a Kala Acacia Tenor that came from MusicGuyMic (who responds to emails and calls) and Mike Upton at Kala (who responds to emails and facebook page)! Customer service will always win my business!

I'll probably never own a bushman now.

Stich -- you might try calling your credit card company and explaining what happened. It's possible that they will investigate, and if Bushman does not respond to them, reverse the charges.

Well, this certainly makes me reconsider Bushman.

:(

I don't like rope binding, dangit.

From what I've gathered, the factory that makes Bushman and Mainland also make Ohana ukes.

So in this instance Ohana means no one gets left behind.

pic.php

From what I've gathered, the factory that makes Bushman and Mainland also make Ohana ukes.

So in this instance Ohana means no one gets left behind.

pic.php

Thanks! I will immediately go pick my new object of desire.

One day, I'll be able to afford to replace my Mitchell. Oh, how I long for that day. LOL.

So I really like the CK25, but it comes with friction tuners.

Is that something I should be afraid of? Do they wear out eventually? I've only ever had geared tuners on my guitars.

They make an CK25S with geared tuners, but it looks like they use friction for pretty much all of their ukes. Makes me think they must work, else they wouldn't use them.

Geared vs. Friction can be a can o' worms around here depending on everyone's mood, but in a nutshell it's a matter of personal preference.

Friction tuners: work well, maintain the traditional ukulele look, slightly more difficult to use than geared.

Geared tuners: work well, give your headstock "ears" for a less traditional look, slightly easier to use than friction.

With proper maintenance, friction tuners should last many years before wearing out.

If you are already a guitarist, I would recommend the geared tuners since that's already what you're used to.

Nice thread jack :p

The Ohanas come with Gotohs, afaik, which are very good friction tuners. Work great once you get used to 'em.

If you still haven't heard from them, you can contact your credit card company and see about initiating a chargeback. That's usually a last-resort measure, though.

And based just on what has happened so far, you might want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org/

If you still haven't heard from them, you can contact your credit card company and see about initiating a chargeback. That's usually a last-resort measure, though.

And based just on what has happened so far, you might want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org/

i paid with paypal, but since i waited over 45 days they cant do anything, the only reason i waited so long was because i was waiting to give john hall a chance to answer the phones....reporting them is my last resort, and the credit card company and paypal cant seem to do anything so it looks like i just lost all my money that i was saving all summer:mad:

Here's an idea. You can wait until UWC2010. I can almost guarantee he'll have a luau the same exact weekend.

Here's an idea. You can wait until UWC2010. I can almost guarantee he'll have a luau the same exact weekend.

lol i won't stalk him....but if by any chance he decides to answer his phone, is it safe to give him my credit card number so he can put the balance back in?

i actually just got this card and i'm 16 so i don't want to give out my credit number if it's not safe:confused:

Something janky has gone down at Bushman and I don't know what it is. There's probably plenty to the story that we don't want to know; and I'm guessing a handful of people here who do know and would agree that we don't want the gory details.

Srsly - file a BBB complaint and do everything you can to get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom