PDA

View Full Version : contacting bushman ukuleles?

i love stitch
09-05-2009, 07:48 AM
I tried calling a bunch of times and it rings & then i get a dial tone, could they be on vacation or something?

I'm trying to call to cancel my order and get my money back.

the.ronin
09-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Isn't there some sort of law that says a seller can't actually charge your cedit card of receive money until the item is actually shipped? I could be totally wrong, but I thought I had read that somewhere.

Kanaka916
09-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the kudos CoLmes - I love your videos and am one of your subscribers. And thanks to you Kim and Rich (SaliorQwest) - I am anxiously looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend at the Bean (http://beanblossomblues.com).

Answering the telephones here at Bushman is a top priority of ours. Even though our hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri eastern time, we actually cover the phones from 8am til 6pm Mon-Fri. I am always surprised and frustrated when I hear someone had trouble reaching us. Anyone here who has trouble reaching us at the office number of 812-988-8200 can call my private cell phone 24/7 at 317-250-8156.

As far as going through growing pains, it's true - we did have two employees steal from us in the worst way possible in September 2008, but we've come out of that even stronger and better than ever.

Our Jenny will be appearing in a new movie called "Eat Pray Love (http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/08/photos-james-franco-wants-to-sing-you-a-song/)" starring Julia Roberts. We've got some exciting plans for this year's Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest coming up October 1st. And we're sponsoring Playing For Change (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM) which is a music cause that all of us should support - I love seeing different cultures and societies and races all come together around music. I believe music could help bring peace, and permanent change for the better.

Stay tuned,

John Hall
Bushman Music Works
812-988-8200 office
317-250-8156 cell
Twitter (http://twitter.com/JohnOHall)
Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/JohnOHall)
Here's a previous post from a previous thread about Bushman and there's a cell number for John Hall. Might be worth a shot. Good Luck!

i love stitch
09-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Here's a previous post from a previous thread about Bushman and there's a cell number for John Hall. Might be worth a shot. Good Luck!

they said they would refund my money in 24 hours 5 days ago! they never did!!!
i left 4 messages, some on the work number, some on his cell, and they wont answer the phone...how am i supposed to get my money back?

i really don't know what to do anymore, its been a month i've been trying to contact them and get my money back like they said:mad:

deach
09-16-2009, 05:28 AM
This is pretty bad business.

flyingace
09-16-2009, 05:40 AM
I was originally going to buy a bushman but after repeated emails and messages to see more pics, questions about models, etc. with no reply, I finally gave up.

I am now the proud owner of a Kala Acacia Tenor that came from MusicGuyMic (who responds to emails and calls) and Mike Upton at Kala (who responds to emails and facebook page)! Customer service will always win my business!

I'll probably never own a bushman now.

csr5z
09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Stich -- you might try calling your credit card company and explaining what happened. It's possible that they will investigate, and if Bushman does not respond to them, reverse the charges.

Netsloth
09-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Well, this certainly makes me reconsider Bushman.

:(

I don't like rope binding, dangit.

RevWill
09-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Well, this certainly makes me reconsider Bushman.

:(

I don't like rope binding, dangit.

From what I've gathered, the factory that makes Bushman and Mainland also make Ohana ukes.

So in this instance Ohana means no one gets left behind.

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQuDCU8b62hcXmggBnYTWMRwAAAAoB_S 9973GqqAPcvwr11Cxz

Netsloth
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
From what I've gathered, the factory that makes Bushman and Mainland also make Ohana ukes.

So in this instance Ohana means no one gets left behind.

http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQuDCU8b62hcXmggBnYTWMRwAAAAoB_S 9973GqqAPcvwr11Cxz

Thanks! I will immediately go pick my new object of desire.

One day, I'll be able to afford to replace my Mitchell. Oh, how I long for that day. LOL.

Netsloth
09-16-2009, 07:13 AM
So I really like the CK25, but it comes with friction tuners.

Is that something I should be afraid of? Do they wear out eventually? I've only ever had geared tuners on my guitars.

They make an CK25S with geared tuners, but it looks like they use friction for pretty much all of their ukes. Makes me think they must work, else they wouldn't use them.

RevWill
09-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Geared vs. Friction can be a can o' worms around here depending on everyone's mood, but in a nutshell it's a matter of personal preference.

Friction tuners: work well, maintain the traditional ukulele look, slightly more difficult to use than geared.

Geared tuners: work well, give your headstock "ears" for a less traditional look, slightly easier to use than friction.

With proper maintenance, friction tuners should last many years before wearing out.

If you are already a guitarist, I would recommend the geared tuners since that's already what you're used to.

ukeatan
09-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Nice thread jack :p

The Ohanas come with Gotohs, afaik, which are very good friction tuners. Work great once you get used to 'em.

Netsloth
09-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Nice thread jack :p

Yah, sorry about that. I hadn't intended to start a whole new conversation.

theaaron
09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
If you still haven't heard from them, you can contact your credit card company and see about initiating a chargeback. That's usually a last-resort measure, though.

And based just on what has happened so far, you might want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org/

i love stitch
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
If you still haven't heard from them, you can contact your credit card company and see about initiating a chargeback. That's usually a last-resort measure, though.

And based just on what has happened so far, you might want to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org/

i paid with paypal, but since i waited over 45 days they cant do anything, the only reason i waited so long was because i was waiting to give john hall a chance to answer the phones....reporting them is my last resort, and the credit card company and paypal cant seem to do anything so it looks like i just lost all my money that i was saving all summer:mad:

deach
09-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Here's an idea. You can wait until UWC2010. I can almost guarantee he'll have a luau the same exact weekend.

i love stitch
09-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Here's an idea. You can wait until UWC2010. I can almost guarantee he'll have a luau the same exact weekend.

lol i won't stalk him....but if by any chance he decides to answer his phone, is it safe to give him my credit card number so he can put the balance back in?

i actually just got this card and i'm 16 so i don't want to give out my credit number if it's not safe:confused:

RevWill
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Something janky has gone down at Bushman and I don't know what it is. There's probably plenty to the story that we don't want to know; and I'm guessing a handful of people here who do know and would agree that we don't want the gory details.

Srsly - file a BBB complaint and do everything you can to get your money back.

ukeatan
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I noticed that Bushman has their own forum: http://deltafrost.com

Maybe you can register and start a ruckus over there ;)

UkuleleHill
09-16-2009, 04:57 PM

LOL I actually laughed out loud about this... You are more than likely right...

benmealer
09-16-2009, 05:05 PM

what a weasely move that was

flyingace
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
so glad, after reading that review, that I went with my Kala Acacia as my next uke. I was really wanting the bushman but with such bad communication on their part, I did not feel confident buying from them at all. Now it's up to John Hall to improve or get out of this business. I hope he chooses to improve!

bornagainjeeper
09-21-2009, 07:56 PM
this simply adds to a long list of reasons i'm unimpressed with bushman...i'm glad i am the proud owner of a Mainland...I"ve hugged hoosierhiver...now THATS customer service!

oohkalaylay
09-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I've been doing a lot of research lately on ukuleles.

As for the quote:
"As far as going through growing pains, it's true - we did have two employees steal from us in the worst way possible in September 2008, but we've come out of that even stronger and better than ever."

Do you think he is hinting at some persons specific here?

buddhuu
09-21-2009, 10:24 PM
[...]Do you think he is hinting at some persons specific here?

Yes. :(

micromue
09-21-2009, 11:03 PM
It wouldn´t be wise to discuss bushmans internal affairs in public. I don´t know anything about the background of "growing pains" and I -personally- don´t care about it, nor do I think it is of any concern to me. The only thing I´m interested in a vendor is a. customer service and b. quality control. Bushman fails with both. And whats worse: this status is continuing now for -literally- years.

ichadwick
09-22-2009, 01:08 AM
I tried calling a bunch of times and it rings & then i get a dial tone, could they be on vacation or something?

I'm trying to call to cancel my order and get my money back.
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago buying harmonicas from them. Numerous faxes, letters, emails, phone messages - all ignored for a lengthy time.

It was such a bad experience that I will never make the effort to do business with them again. Which is too bad for them, because I really liked their harps. But my confidence level scraped rock bottom during our botched transaction. In hindsight, it was good for others because I went on to spend several hundred dollars on harmonicas from other companies.

I'd recommend you look to Mainland for a similar product but great customer service.

i love stitch
09-22-2009, 10:36 AM
seriously, is it this hard for him to give me my freakin 300 bucks back!!!
i call the work and cell phone of his at least 3 times a day, not once has he called back my messages!
He answered once, and he said it would be resolved in 24 hours, and its been 3 months since then!:mad:

RevWill
09-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Have you tried calling from different phone numbers? Maybe he'll answer if he doesn't recognize the number.

i love stitch
09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Have you tried calling from different phone numbers? Maybe he'll answer if he doesn't recognize the number.

i did once, ill try that again. This hole experience made me never want to trust a company from the internet again! From now on i'm looking at more reviews, i've just heard so many great things about bushman ukes so i thought i would get one, i feel like i deserve something free from them plus my money back!

and does anyone know anything about fleas/flukes? I'm about to buy one of theirs after i get my money back. So far i've heard great reviews, but i just want to check;)

Thumper
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
and does anyone know anything about fleas/flukes? I'm about to buy one of theirs after i get my money back. So far i've heard great reviews, but i just want to check;)

There's about a million threads about them here. Great company, great instruments, great service.

i love stitch
09-22-2009, 11:41 AM
There's about a million threads about them here. Great company, great instruments, great service.

awesome! thanks:rolleyes:

RevWill
09-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Fleas and Flukes: I cannot say enough good things about the Magic Fluke Company and Flea Market Music. First rate people all around. Once when I was on the phone with them discussing their warranty they told me that earlier that week they completely replaced/repaired a uke that someone left in a chair and someone else sat on. Free of charge. Bottom line: "we want people to play these instruments and be happy."

I have no doubts that Dale would replace my plastic fretboard if I ever wore grooves in it.

My Fluke and Flea are great sounding and playing instruments.

Even better sounding is my Mainland, which is very similar to the better Bushman ukes out there, and Mike is well known for going above and beyond with customer service, and he's a part of the community here.

ukulelehoo
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I love my flea. I played a Koaloha soprano and a Pineapple Sunday in the store and I thought my flea sounded better. But maybe it's just my weird brain or poor setup by the store.

dab745
09-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Dale is awesome and their customer service dept is top notch. AND their Ukes are even better! No worries there. Good luck!
db

molokinirum
09-26-2009, 03:27 PM

This is THE best way to get your money back. The credit card company will handle it while you get the money back. If Bushman does not cooperate the credit card company will take away Bushmans ability to accept that particular credit card. It will cost Bushman way more than if they just gave you back your money.
That is why you should always pay with a card, you have something to fall back on!
Good Luck!!

RevWill
09-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I know that a few years ago I thought about buying a Bushman. I loved looking at their site. They had all kinds of woods back then.

I took a break from the uke community for a while. I still played and loved the instrument, but I was wrapped up in my Telecasters and my Blackberry for a bit.

And then one day I checked Bushman and all they had was the Jenny, and an increasingly negative reputation on the boards for quality control. And they seem to be doing nothing in order to fix that, and plenty to perpetuate it.

(and yes I think the "growing pains" comment was way out of line. If you've got something to say, say it. The way that was stated smacks of passive-aggressive rumor-mongering.)

So my words to anyone who is serious about a Bushman is "buy a used one."

Wagster
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't want to miss an opportunity to express MY displeasure with Bushman.

John Hall (in his public forum) offered to replace my Jenny after I expressed dissatisfaction with it. After paying to have it shipped there he sent my uke back to me and told me there was nothing wrong with it.

I was taught that the customer is ALWAYS right.

John Hall was taught that Bushman is always right.

I too will NEVER buy another Bushman product.

cornfedgroove
10-02-2009, 05:08 AM
hmm, I think I'd rather buy a guitar from Esteban

existence
10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
hmm, I think I'd rather buy a guitar from Esteban

I played an Esteban once.

They shouldn't legally be allowed to refer to those things as "guitars."

RevWill
10-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Probably on about the same level as my Grizzly kit is a "ukulele."

amute
10-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I think it’s only fair to say that misunderstandings and mistakes can happen with anything and in my situation I had issues with the set-up of my ukulele and after speaking with Mr. Hall the error was most likely due to a request I had made and a misunderstanding that stems from that. Through speaking with John Hall (he called me) the issue was quickly laid to rest. Also I want to say that Mr. Hall offered me a full refund right away and was VERY clear that he wanted me to “love my Bushman” and he’d do whatever I requested to make me happy. That’s a fact

After a friend here in town made a few adjustments for me (I have a fear of working on any instrument) I have very much enjoyed playing my Bushman and till this day haven’t played or heard a better Ukulele for the money.

ALSO after I’d told Mr. Hall about having someone set-up my uke here in town he pretty much begged me to allow him to “make things right somehow” and asked what he could do to make sure I was happy with the deal. That made me very happy because he didn’t have to do anything and he could have just blown me off and moved on.

So I want to clear up the fact that I do support Bushman. My Bushman Jenny has a wonderful tone, plays very nicely, looks great and has a strong solid projection. Can't want to put a mi-si system in it soon!
Everyone has different experiences and opinions for or against a company but I think in the long run you should research any company before buying from them. I think by calling or e-mailing Bushman and speaking with them about what you want and how you want it, you’ll find that for the money Bushman is the way to go.

Ask a Bushman owner what they think of their Ukulele. In my opinion if you don’t own a product from a manufacture you shouldn’t be giving a positive or negative review about them.

That's just my opinion.

RevWill
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank you amute for adding balance and perspective to the discussion.

deach
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
...... In my opinion if you don’t own a product from a manufacture you shouldn’t be giving a positive or negative review about them.

That's just my opinion.

Your logic is flawed.

I don't own a Mainland, but I know they take care of their customers and have nice ukes. I always give a positive review of the product and the company to anyone who inquires about them one.

I've never owned a Bushman but I know several people who have had bad experiences with the product and the company. If someone asked me if they should get a Bushman, what should I tell them? Nothing? uh, no.

amute
10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Thank you amute for adding balance and perspective to the discussion.

Well thank you man that's cool of you to write.
I'm just down for Ukulele and don't care about politics or who heard this about that. Too easy it seems to start a wild fire being negitive about something or someone. I feel for anyone who feels unhappy with an instrument they buy. But I also know John has no issues refunding your money if you don't enjoy your Bushman.

Bushman has taken good care of me and that's all I can say.

amute
10-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Your logic is flawed.

I don't own a Mainland, but I know they take care of their customers and have nice ukes. I always give a positive review of the product and the company to anyone who inquires about them one.

I've never owned a Bushman but I know several people who have had bad experiences with the product and the company. If someone asked me if they should get a Bushman, what should I tell them? Nothing? uh, no.

Naw I'm sure you have alot to say bro, thats cool.
Tell'em what you want but if you don't play the uke everyday and allow it to grow with you how can you say one is better or worse than the other? Because someone told you so or cause you read it on-line..? How do you really know?? That's flawed. :rolleyes:

deach
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Naw I'm sure you have alot to say bro, thats cool.
Tell'em what you want but if you don't play the uke everyday and allow it to grow with you how can you say one is better or worse than the other? Because someone told you so or cause you read it on-line..? How do you really know?? That's flawed. :rolleyes:

I agree about the getting-to-know-you period with a uke but it's impossible to do if the uke you order is unplayable, if you try to correct the problem with the company and they blow you off, or worse yet, they don't even send you a uke after you've paid for it.

Congrats on getting your hands on a good Bushman and on getting good Bushman service.

amute
10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree about the getting-to-know-you period with a uke but it's impossible to do if the uke you order is unplayable, if you try to correct the problem with the company and they blow you off, or worse yet, they don't even send you a uke after you've paid for it.

Congrats on getting your hands on a good Bushman and on getting good Bushman service.

Thank you man.
If i may say, seems like you got it out for Bushman?
I'm just happy to be a UU member, I'm a no one and just started love'n the Ukulele in 2009. I don't know past politics or who's cool with who. I just know Bushman did me right and I'm glad I picked Bushman over Mainland. I played a Mainland first and jam with the owner till this day. We both agree my Bushman Tenor sounds & records better. But I haven't said one negitive thing about Mainland due to the fact that I feel strongly about only reviewing a uke I own and play everday. But I respect and understand your point about not everyone gets the chance to try a uke out.
Thanx again bro.
p.s. how many posts does a fella need to be titled a "Ukulele Hero"??? that's rad! And if Jake joined UU would he get that title rightaway? :D
He's so amazing!

deach
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Thank you man.
If i may say, seems like you got it out for Bushman?
I'm just happy to be a UU member, I'm a no one and just started love'n the Ukulele in 2009. I don't know past politics or who's cool with who. I just know Bushman did me right and I'm glad I picked Bushman over Mainland. I played a Mainland first and jam with the owner till this day. We both agree my Bushman Tenor sounds & records better. But I haven't said one negitive thing about Mainland due to the fact that I feel strongly about only reviewing a uke I own and play everday. But I respect and understand your point about not everyone gets the chance to try a uke out.
Thanx again bro.
p.s. how many posts does a fella need to be titled a "Ukulele Hero"??? that's rad! And if Jake joined UU would he get that title rightaway? :D
He's so amazing!

So you live near Mainland and Bushman? Your case is a lot different than most. You can go there and track him down. Most people don't have that option.

I've kept my "politics" out of this thread and the "I'm sorry" thread RevWill started. I've only pointed out members' experiences.

A lot of newbies want to play the uke because of Julia Nunes. She plays a Bushman so they want one too. All I am doing is bringing light to the several problems with the products and the service.

As for your other questions, Ukulele Hero is at 2000 posts. It's no big deal, it just means you have no life. There's a whole thread devoted to helping you reach that goal if you really wanted to. Jake might play awesomely but his post whoring skills aren't the best. He'd be a junior member at most.

amute
10-02-2009, 03:27 PM
So you live near Mainland and Bushman? Your case is a lot different than most. You can go there and track him down. Most people don't have that option.

I've kept my "politics" out of this thread and the "I'm sorry" thread RevWill started. I've only pointed out members' experiences.

A lot of newbies want to play the uke because of Julia Nunes. She plays a Bushman so they want one too. All I am doing is bringing light to the several problems with the products and the service.

As for your other questions, Ukulele Hero is at 2000 posts. It's no big deal, it just means you have no life. There's a whole thread devoted to helping you reach that goal if you really wanted to. Jake might play awesomely but his post whoring skills aren't the best. He'd be a junior member at most.

No sorry bro I don't live anywhere even close to Mainland or Bushman, seems strange they're so close though.. I didn't know that.. i'm in Northern California. Yes I'm a Ukulele "newbie" but I am a musician and have some very well known and experienced musician friends, please don't take that as an ego thing or like I'm trying to sound cool. I'm just a normal lame guy but know my way around gear & instruments, though I fear working on them. :D
As far as Ms. Nunes goes... I'm more into Jake's style and truthfully she didn't have any influence on me getting my Bushman though I understand what you ment about her being sort of the Bushman poster girl. She's cute but I wanna see someone play "third stream"!!! :drool:

Okay much respect brother and maybe someday I too can get my 2,000 posts in! I really enjoy UU, even got a T-shirt! :D

deach
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
No sorry bro I don't live anywhere even close to Mainland or Bushman, seems strange they're so close though.. I didn't know that.. i'm in Northern California. Yes I'm a Ukulele "newbie" but I am a musician and have some very well known and experienced musician friends, please don't take that as an ego thing or like I'm trying to sound cool. I'm just a normal lame guy but know my way around gear & instruments, though I fear working on them. :D
As far as Ms. Nunes goes... I'm more into Jake's style and truthfully she didn't have any influence on me getting my Bushman though I understand what you ment about her being sort of the Bushman poster girl. She's cute but I wanna see someone play "third stream"!!! :drool:

Okay much respect brother and maybe someday I too can get my 2,000 posts in! I really enjoy UU, even got a T-shirt! :D

Ah sorry, When you said you "jam with the owner", I thought you meant the owner of Mainland not "of a Mainland".

RevWill
10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I have no doubt that a well set up Jenny is a wonderful instrument, and I'm happy to hear from satisfied customers who can bring balance to the discussion. I don't have a vendetta against Bushman or against John. I have never attempted to do business with him. However, multiple people on this board have documented experiences contrary to your own, and John's sudden reappearance on this board afforded an opportunity to address those problems.

Doesn't it seem a little fishy to you that I went out of my way to be apologetic to John, giving him every opportunity to correct a situation while retaining his dignity, and he failed to even apologize to Stitch for her trouble? Everything was everyone's fault but his own. It was her fault for filing a paypal dispute. It was paypal's fault. Apparently it was never his fault that he had her money and she had no ukulele. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't compute. His triumphal attitude seemed to say, "HA! Gotcha! I owe her nothing!" What about those months you had her money, John? In the real world he owes her interest or at least an apology. He offered neither.

UkéDan
10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Your logic is flawed.

:agree:Just this post from the bushman forum is enough to convice me:

For the last 2 years we've been working with a USA string maker to develop the ultimate ukulele strings. Ukulele strings have been a neglected product by the USA string companies who spend most of their resources catering to the massive guitar trade. They've stood by and let Aquila from Italy become the leader in ukulele strings. Aquila makes a string that has many weaknesses, but ukulele players really haven't any better choice...until now. I am proud and excited to introduce BUSHMAN UKULELE STRINGS - the most consistent, best tone producing, volume generating ukulele strings in the world. When it comes to our new string production division at Bushman, our only focus is the ukulele. We know what uke players need - we talk to them daily - we know the importance of striking a balance between having just enough stretch for an easy-press, comfortable action while still having a string with very limited stretch to insure tune-holding, dependable performance. With Aquila, players get the "E String Fart". For some reason their E string doesn't make a very melodic tone - instead the tone on an Aquila E string is often thin and distorted to the point that it resembles the sound of a fart. Notice I said "often" - sometimes their E string is acceptable - they're just inconsistent - we've been forced to throw away about 20% of the E strings we've gotten from them over the last 4 or 5 years. Aquila strings produce a banjo-like twang that is especially noticeable when played side by side our Bushman strings which sound cleaner and more melodic. Some people might be after a banjo tone, but most players we talk to want traditional, beautiful ukulele tone. Another tone issue with Aquila strings is what I call "radio static"; that's right, Aquila strings produce a distorted tone that sounds like a radio sounds when the station is too far away. Once again, you can really hear this when Aquilas are played side by side Bushman. When we realized that Aquila tone problems could never be fixed - the problems are inherent when you coat nylon with gut; we turned to the expensive Werth strings from Japan. We found Werth strings to be too stiff to suit most of our customers. That's when we realized we had to come out with our own strings. We want to hear what you think of our Bushman Ukulele Strings - we're confident they'll be your new, favorite strings. They simply feel better, sound better, and stay in tune longer. If you'd like a FREE set of our strings to try, simply give us the name and contact info of your favorite, local music store and we'll send them a sample set that you can pick-up there. We'll instruct the store that the strings are for you. This process will help us set up dealers for our new string line. If you like them and want to re-order sets in the future, Bushman Strings will only cost $5.95 a set.

I say Hogwash. Just my opinion. Let the flaming begin....

theaaron
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
To paraphrase:

We at Bushman make a line of strings that are much better than Aquilas and Werths. Aquilas produce a distorted sound that, while imperceptible to humans, can cause a great deal of stress to dogs and can cause bats to fly off-course. Werths? More like WerthLESS. Give us the contact information for your local music store so we can harass them into selling our strings. Oh yeah, E-string fart.
-The guy from Bushman

I don't know anything about Bushman's ukuleles, but based on this thread and the way they treat some of their customers, they seem like bullies.

Susie A
10-02-2009, 06:47 PM
:agree: If you'd like a FREE set of our strings to try, simply give us the name and contact info of your favorite, local music store and we'll send them a sample set that you can pick-up there. We'll instruct the store that the strings are for you. This process will help us set up dealers for our new string line. If you like them and want to re-order sets in the future, Bushman Strings will only cost $5.95 a set.

I tried these strings and did not like them at all. They were spongy. I am using the Kala Reds and they are awesom. Just my .02

GrumpyCoyote
10-02-2009, 10:14 PM
By popular demand (read as, "multiple PMs begging me to do so"), I'm locking this one too... I think this particular horse has been beaten enough over the last few days.

Happy to re-open it later if need be, but for now - move along. Nothing to see here.