UAS filled once again.

ukeskywalker79

Reaction score
It was a very long 3 days of waiting but my new uke finally arrived yesterday. Its a Kanile'a made Lanikai LK-1C. Its all solid koa and sounds absolutely beautiful. It's a shame they stopped making these. It's basically a K-1 concert without the Kanele'a stamp on the headstock. I am stoked right now and everytime I play it I can't help but grin ear to ear. As soon as I get some nice shots I will post them up. :shaka:

I gave one to my wife on her birthday so that she would stay away from my ko aloha...... Now I find myself gravitating towards that one........

That was lanikai's best kept secret!!!!!

Playscool39 thank for the nice words. It'll be a while before I make a vid since I'm still a noob :)

dentuke it was truly Lanikai's best kept secret. Exactly 87 were made in 2007. A shame they put and end to them.

Here are some photos as promised.

img3434wb.jpg

img3435m.jpg

It is a beauty :) ..

That is gorgeous! I got a LK-1s (the soprano version) and it's my favorite uke. Post a video if you can!

where can i get one? (im serious...damn uas:eek:)

That is gorgeous! I got a LK-1s (the soprano version) and it's my favorite uke. Post a video if you can!

Hi Natalie if was your review along with Lanarks that got me interested in the LK series. The wood grain they used in the entire LK series is beautiful. I fell in love when I saw yours and Lanarks darker finish. On top of that just the way you and Lanark described the sound did it for me. :)

I plan on experimenting with different types of bridge pins which I hear can enhance the sound as well. The plastic pins sound good already so I can't wait to upgrade them. Was thinking of either the snakewood you used, koa, ivory, or bone. I'll post a video once I become more comfortable with my playing abilities. I'm am still very new to all of this. I did a blind test with my wife and she agrees this sounds way better than my all solid mahogany. She described it as more full and lush. I agreed with her 100%

Brad i sent sent you a PM. :cool:

Top Bottom