1928 National Concert resonator uke for sale

erk

Reaction score
Nice ukulele, set up by marc shoenberger, #21 in great shape with fantastic original case. Nice history, play and sounds out of this world, really.
Uke_sky_national_guitar.jpg

Last edited:
Erk, you can't offer an instrument like that without pics, or not telling us what model it is!

Sorry guys, there are still pics of it on the vintage nationals website, I bought it there for 4k. I will try to get them up today. There is a video of it being played on that site as well

Yeah, I thought that looked like Lenny's thumb! I've bought a few instruments from him, a great guy to deal with.

I paid 4,000 for it, yes. This was made by John Dopyera himself, kind of a rarity for all National instruments. This is the concert-sized instrument, later they went to the smaller after 99 or so. This is number 21, being the 21st national uke ever made. It is German Silver, and the sound will really explain why it is worth it. I'm taking offers

Is this instrument still available please. If so, please send me a PM

German silver contains no silver. It is chrome and nickle. I have a 1929 DoBro single cone resonator with the logo set into the headstock as an inlay.. The body is book matched claro walnut. There are no decals, only inlays and engravings. It has been appraised at 7 to 10 thousand in the USA and up to double that in the Asian market. It is also in its original hard case. The appraiser offered to buy it at half of its value, and was honest enough to say he would immediately double his money when he resold it. DO BRO Dopyera Brothers---- it also means 'GOOD' in their native language. The instrument which the person is trying to sell has a very distinct possibility that the asking price is not out of line at all. It may be that the Recording King or Johnson looks a lot like it...imitation is flattery. It takes a discriminating buyer to
Finding someone who knows and can afford it may be difficult. That only decreases the size of the market,but that does not decrease its value.

Last edited:
I have a Germany silver National tri cone tenor guitar circa 1929. This is one of the pear shaped ones. It's in the original case. I have a video somewhere of Aaron Keim playing it.
It's currently on consignment at a guitar shop in North Aurora.
Cremer Guitarworks

Top Bottom