Best bang for your buck acoustic/elec concert?

Hropkey

Reaction score
I've been looking to upgrade from my makala for a while, especially now that i've started to play shows. I decided that an acoustic-electric concert sized uke would be the best bet. However, recently one of my friends got a mahogany elec-acoustic Kala uke, and for vanity's purpose I would rather not get the same one.

Could you guys recommend one that fits my purpose? Preferably less than $150 but I am willing to go anywhere w/in the $100-200 range if needed.

if you want something completely different to your friends you could get a flea or fluke with a built in pickup and a design of your choice.

I have a Lanikai CK-TEQ (curly koa laminate tenor with Shadow pick up). It's OK, but a lot of people have been very happy with the Mi-Si pickup. (Trio model, I think...) so, I'm going to try one on my next uke.

Mainland & Lanikai also have concert models with pick ups, but I'm note sure about coming in under $200.

Last edited:
One issue is that a good pickup and preamp go for over $100. The MiSi Acoustic Trio pickup/preamp combo mentioned above is killer, but pretty much kills your whole budget. I think you're going to need to double your price range to get a decent uke AND pickup.

Top Bottom