kanilea ukulele

ratty

Reaction score
could any one tell me where i could purchase a kanilea ukulele in the uk / england?

i'm after a k1 tenor low G and can't find one anywhere :(

thanks for any help.

ps. or even a place that sells nice ukuleles would be nice.

Hey there, I don't believe you could get one in the U.K unless you got one used but then not many people would part with such an instrument. There is www.ukulele.de i got my Pono from him but he doesn't carry any of the K brands, he's in Germany and is great to deal with. I believe there is a shop in Italy that carrys Kanilea, i found it once while i was looking into getting one but i can't seem to find it now... try Google.
I just ordered a KoAloha from MGM in Hawaii as i knew i couldn't get one in the U.K without importing.

I hope this helps in some way.

According to the website, they don't have a dealer in the UK. There is one on Germany.
The Ukulele Shop
Belforter Str. 16
10405 Berlin
Germany
http://www.theukuleleshop.co.uk/index.html
The Ukulele Shop was based in London quite some time ago, but then moved its headquarters to Berlin. Richard was English, and Jana was German. I understand they moved to Berlin for family/personal reasons. The on line store continued functioning most satisfactorily (from the customers' point of view), but Richard told me the switch to Germany had caused some difficulties, so they decided to wind up the ukulele side of their business, and concentrate on other things.

The Southern Ukulele Store is a new British on-line seller of ukes. I've bought from them, and they are most satisfactory to deal with.

stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Southern-Ukulele-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_

John Colter (Ukantor)

Edit: that link doesn't work - just google Southern Ukulele Store

According to the website, they don't have a dealer in the UK. There is one on Germany.
The Ukulele Shop
Belforter Str. 16
10405 Berlin
Germany
http://www.theukuleleshop.co.uk/index.html

The ukulele shop is now closed and the southern ukulele store on E-bay doesn't sell any high end ukes, just the Martin SO uke, Kala, Lanikai and Ohana brands among a few others.

could any one tell me where i could purchase a kanilea ukulele in the uk / england?

i'm after a k1 tenor low G and can't find one anywhere :(

thanks for any help.

ps. or even a place that sells nice ukuleles would be nice.

It's pretty difficult to find any of the decent K brand Hawaiian ukuleles in the UK. Ukerazy is importing a uke and I had to actually go to America to get my Kamaka so the only way to get one is to buy it and import it without having seen or heard it.

Just out of interest why did you choose Kanilea over Kamaka, Koaloha or Koolau?

Hey there, I don't believe you could get one in the U.K unless you got one used but then not many people would part with such an instrument. There is www.ukulele.de i got my Pono from him but he doesn't carry any of the K brands, he's in Germany and is great to deal with. I believe there is a shop in Italy that carrys Kanilea, i found it once while i was looking into getting one but i can't seem to find it now... try Google.
I just ordered a KoAloha from MGM in Hawaii as i knew i couldn't get one in the U.K without importing.

I hope this helps in some way.

thanks for the help ukerazy :)

It's pretty difficult to find any of the decent K brand Hawaiian ukuleles in the UK. Ukerazy is importing a uke and I had to actually go to America to get my Kamaka so the only way to get one is to buy it and import it without having seen or heard it.

Just out of interest why did you choose Kanilea over Kamaka, Koaloha or Koolau?

hello upskydowncloud

its hard to say realy as i havent had a chance to play one, but they do sound good from what i have hered on youtube, and i also love the simplicity of the k1 design with no bells and whistles on it. simply beautiful looking and ticks al the box's of a great ukulele for me :)

Doesn't MGM ship worldwide? How much are European import duties?

Yes he does, im expecting one from him this week. The import duty depends on how much the ukulele costs. The duty calculator as mentioned by upskydowncloud is very helpful.

You're welcome Ratty, glad i helped in some way.

I just called Kristen at Kanile'a and ordered my K1 (a tenor). It arrives in 3 weeks. She said she can ship anywhere in the world. I would highly recommend ordering straight from the company (since you can order exactly the type of features you want, and you know who you are dealing with).

For Europe there's an Italian shop that sells Kanile'a, Mercatino dell'Ukulele.

I have already ordered there and I know it's a respectable shop (I even met Daniele personally at the Belgian uke fest). It's run by the people of the Aquila strings company.

mgm and kanilea

you're always in good hands with musicguymic. i've puchased many times from him and I love my kanilea tenor k-1. absolutely

Hi, there aren't many Kanile a dealers that I know of in the UK, but I know that Forsyths in Manchester (0161 834 3281 ext 606) have one each Kanilea K-1 soprano, concert and low G tenor in stock - absolutely beautiful. I know, because I imported them and supplied them!

Talk to Paul (he posts on here as luapelele) at The Southern Ukulele store, he posted on a thread at the UK.lele social group http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/group.php?groupid=30 (you may have to join the group to read the posts) to say that he is expecting an order of six shiny new Kanile'a's coming in very soon. I'm not sure whether any of them are spoken for as yet and I know of several folks who are very interested in what he will have, including myself.
I am guessing if he gets enough interest and some sales he will start stocking them regularly.
Best of luck
John

I've just noticed that this is a pretty old thread that Stones has bumped today, so not sure if ratty has sorted his Kanile'a as of yet. Still good news that we may soon have Kanile'a ukes available in the UK.

John

I have sent over a thousand K brands to Europe Customs varies from country to country but you can safely say its aboout 20% of total cost including the shipping why they tax the shipping is beyond me but they all do it.

Kanilea uke

I can't tell you where to buy one unless you can order one from musicguymic and have it shipped to you, but I will say I've had my k-1 low G for a year now and I wish I had gotten it straight off instead of fooling around with less expensive brands. It's definitely sweet. So, I don't know whether you'll have to pay customs duties or what but musicguymic on ebay is first rate and the best price around.

Top Bottom