Crosscurrent (Cover)

Johnny Elsewhere

Reaction score
Sorry for the new thread everyone, but I think this cover deserves a thread of its own. =D

J.E's rendition of Crosscurrent

Sorry for the quality of the sound; I can't get those high notes to ring out quite well. I don't know if it's my strings or my uke. I'll see what happens tomorrow when I restring it.

very nice take - sounds exactly like gutings take just a bit slower.. but very nice ":D

haha makes me wanna learn it!

very nice take - sounds exactly like gutings take just a bit slower.. but very nice ":D

haha makes me wanna learn it!

Yea, me too. The quality of your vid is good, lots better than mine. I don't the strings are bad. But I just changed the strings on mine and what a difference, I didn't know they could go so bad after just 4 months!!

JE, very nice job on this. It looks like you have the mechanics of the strum down really well but, if I may, I'd like to share this observation. It looks like most of your strumming is coming from your arm pivoting at the elbow. This is definately, in my case anyway, more laboring and will cause fatigue. Try your same strumming motion but play more by pivoting the wrist instead of your entire arm. It may take a little getting used to since you have been practicing your tale off using the other method up till now. Give it a try and see what happens. It may give you that second wind ;). Great job on a tune that is not easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Dom,

As it may seem, my strumming during the fast part does not use much of my arm-- like you said, it's very tiring --I'm actually trying to my arm as little as possible, but my wrist and index finger are doing all the work (you just don't se it happening! It's all a blur, isn't it? =P). While it may seem like I'm getting tired, I'm usually glad that part ends. By the end of it, it feels like my finger is gonig to fall off. Heheh!

Thank you though for your generous comments, though! It's much appreciated!

Top Bottom