Behringer 1222 X 16-Input 2/2 Bus Mixer with Effects and USB??

collmaria

Reaction score
Hiya.

Behringer stuff has a bit of a mixed rep, but I've always found it to be great value, and as reliable as any other brand I've used.

Is this for recording, on stage or both? How good a purchase it is rather depends on what you need.

The newer Behringer Xenyx mixers are really pretty good: our drummer has one. The only practical niggle I have is that some of them don't have a mains power on/off switch on the actual mixer - but I'm not sure about that particular model in your post. The ones I've tried seemed pretty good as far as noise levels go, and I think they do a great job handling vocals. If I didn't already have a mixer I'd probably be looking at the Xenyx 1204FX myself.

Behringer mics are amazing value. They do a 3-pack of dynamic vocal mics with stand clips and case for £30 GBP! Those large diaphragm condensers look good too.

The choice of mic is probably the thing that would vary depending on the use you have in mind. The Xenyx 1222 mixer should be a pretty safe bet for most situations.

Edit to add: Oh, and yes, that mic will work fine with that mixer. The Behringers mixers have phantom power for condenser mics and they have good mic preamps, so it should sound pretty good.

I'm not sure if that mic comes with a cable included, so you may also need to budget for an XLR mic cable.

Last edited:
thank you very much!

this is more for recording right now, maybe some live stuff in the future.
i am planning on recording vocals, guitars, ukuleles, piano, and eventually the cello and drums.

Top Bottom