Harder than it looks!

Old Bird

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got my uke, got a tuner, tuned it up, and sat down to play "The Girl from Epanema." :stop:

Yes, playing guitar years ago helps my fingers find their way, but it ain't easy!

I think I need to start with something easier! :shaka:

I'm thinking of going for Adam Sandler's "Grow Old With You." Maybe playing that for my wife will finally get her to stop laughing when she thinks of me playing the ukulele. :biglaugh:

Any have tabs for that song?

Thanks!

Here are the chords from Ukulele Boogaloo. I've actually never heard of the song, but I searched for an ukulele cover and it sounds fun. Good luck!

Not for that one, I don't but here's a Girl From Ipanema that isn't too hard:
http://www.scorpex.net/uke/girl_from_ipanema.pdf

Check out the rest of Richard G’s Ukulele Songbook for other one page uke tunes.

I see lots of versions of Grow Old With You on chordie.com. They are all marked as Hard.

Thanks, that version of Girl from Ipanema looks easier than the one I'm looking at from Jumpin' Jim's Ukulele Island.

Watching that you tube posted above looks like a lot of bar chords on the uke. Nothing like starting with complicated stuff, eh? :wallbash:

lol i was going to suggest using the chordie also...but yeah. it's already been put up. goodluck and rock it out using the uke. show the wife the uke awesomeness lol

Top Bottom