KoAloha Concert in Oscar Schmidt Case?

the.ronin

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still looking for a case for my KoAloha concert ... sorry. :D

I was wondering if anyone's used an Oscar Schmidt case for their KoAloha concert. Based on specs I've come across and some ghetto measurements I took, it should fit if not a little snug in the lower bout:

Code:
Length: 25 1/4"
Lower bout: 8 3/8"
Upper bout: 6"
Headstock width: 4 3/8"
Height 4"

Yes, I'm still looking for a case for my KoAloha concert ... sorry. :D

I was wondering if anyone's used an Oscar Schmidt case for their KoAloha concert. Based on specs I've come across and some ghetto measurements I took, it should fit if not a little snug in the lower bout:

Code:
Length: 25 1/4"
Lower bout: 8 3/8"
Upper bout: 6"
Headstock width: 4 3/8"
Height 4"

Ask MGM. He steered me right with my Kanile'a concert...

Ask MGM. He steered me right with my Kanile'a concert...

MGM is aces. I just feel bad asking him all these questions and end up buying the case somewhere else cos he doesn’t carry it.

Decided to pull the trigger anyway – saw one on eBay for like $50. The bout measurements seem to jive but it’s the contours I’m worried about and I don’t know how to even begin to measure that.

I’ll post back here and let everyone know if it fits in this case.

MGM has a few Koaloha concerts for sale along with his tweed case I believe. It looks like a good fit. I hope yours works out. Good luck.

Last edited:
MGM has a few Koaloha concerts for sale in along with his tweed case I believe. It looks like a good fit. I hope yours works out. Good luck.

Thanks Ronnie ... yeah I initially had my eye set on the tweed. MGM mentioned that both the tweed and Oahu cases fit the KoAlohas like a glove. Except after a while the tweed sorta grew less on me and I wanted something that was not black.

Thanks Ronnie ... yeah I initially had my eye set on the tweed. MGM mentioned that both the tweed and Oahu cases fit the KoAlohas like a glove. Except after a while the tweed sorta grew less on me and I wanted something that was not black.

If you're picking up an Oahu case then rock on. I had my choice when I went to MGM's shop and the Oahu case, to me, was the nicest. Very classy and elegant. I pickup up two tenor cases. The Kamaka with the pickup pin on the bottom does make it a tight fit though.

I have a KoAloha concert that I store in an Oscar Schmidt case. I originally got the OS case for a different ukulele, but once I put the KoAloha in it, it's there to stay. I love the way it fits inside and I like that the humidifier can be next to the body. The soft-sided case MGM sent me was ok but I didn't like the humidifier being up at the top of the neck. The KoAloha fits nice and snug in the OS case. The soft-sided case is better for the Lori's uke also. It's a win-win for me.

I have a KoAloha concert that I store in an Oscar Schmidt case. I originally got the OS case for a different ukulele, but once I put the KoAloha in it, it's there to stay. I love the way it fits inside and I like that the humidifier can be next to the body. The soft-sided case MGM sent me was ok but I didn't like the humidifier being up at the top of the neck. The KoAloha fits nice and snug in the OS case. The soft-sided case is better for the Lori's uke also. It's a win-win for me.

Thanks for the feedback sukie!! I’m psyched now. I was really worried about fitment.

I was also not too keen about using a case from one brand to hold another brand ukulele. But then I realized how few cases are actually out there.

[edit] Sukie, can I ask which humidifier you’re using with your OS / KCM setup?

Case arrived today and you were right on, sukie, the KoAloha concert (KCM-00) fit in there pretty snug in the upper and lower bouts. There is a little space at the inner curves but nothing to fret about ...

picture.php

picture.php

Still, I think I'm going to keep the ukes on their stands ... right next to the surfboards. :D

picture.php

Case arrived today and you were right on, sukie, the KoAloha concert (KCM-00) fit in there pretty snug in the upper and lower bouts. There is a little space at the inner curves but nothing to fret about ...

picture.php

Still, I think I'm going to keep the ukes on their stands ... right next to the surfboards. :D

picture.php

Dude, you're livin' the good life!

ps. the uke looks great in that case!

Last edited:
Top Bottom