PDA

View Full Version : FS (Regretfully): Kamaka White label sop.

petah
09-08-2009, 08:09 AM
What sucks up more $$ than my girl friend? School and my 3k tuition fees this semester. I really don't want to sell but a student Loan isn't an option.

No repairs. No needed repairs. All original condition. Solid (one piece)Koa face, (book matched)back, and sides. Mahogany (I think) neck with koa fretboard and bridge. Also a nice tweed case is included.

Issues: crazing, scratches, dings and a dry fretboard. It was also touched by Deach.

I have pictures plastered over UU just check my started threads.

I want to give back to UU and offer it at the price I originally bought it for but I really need to pay for school. So I will go at the going Ebay rate.

and yes, the GF said I can sell it. Sorry.

Send me a PM. if you want more pictures or info.

petah
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I say going eBay rate on a Vintage kamaka. what is it? I see on ebay from 100-500. With case and shipping/insurance. Is 350-400 to much to ask? If so offer. ( shipping is around 50 -70 )

Fred Miu
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
bet luck you ya cuz :shaka:

petah
09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I feel bad selling... But I need to pay for school... I already sold a few things that I swore I'd never sell...
Heh... this sucks.

Thanks .FM.

experimentjon
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I think I should step in at this point and mention a few things. I am not necessarily trying to defame anyone, or start a flame war, but I think that I should say what I know and believe.

First of all, Petah was fortunate enough to buy this Kamaka soprano at the blowout price of $150 from Deach. I'm sure a lot of people wanted it (and now is their chance to get it, I guess.) That was about a month ago, so this is a quick turnaround sale here.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16682

Secondly, thanks to the excellent customer service at KoAloha,Petah got a brand new, handpicked soprano from the factory to replace a KoAloha that he had bought USED and which had some problems with finish and the saddle. KoAloha warrantees (and those of most major high-end companies) are very generous, but also only apply to the first owner. In other words, Petah’s used uke was not covered. Yet Paul steps in and offers a completely new soprano to replace it. That’s stellar service.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15678

Now, as a college student myself, I need to sympathize with Petah, because I know that school is expensive, and have a lot of friends who are taking out big loans or signing with the military (I'm all for our Armed Forces), to pay for school. For purposes of full disclosure, I receive a very generous academic-merit-based scholarship from my university, and my parents (Asian parents who highly value education) are helping me pay the dorm. So I don't have to sell my instruments. But I do understand if Petah is selling for college.

However, two things bother me.

First, just a few weeks ago, Petah was looking to buy another relatively-expensive uke. Possible bad financial planning, and didn’t foresee school expenses?
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17954

And second, two weeks ago, I received a PM from Petah inquiring about purchasing my Kamaka soprano that I had mentioned a LONG time ago on the forums. That’s all fine and good, but then, he revealed that he was planning on selling the KoAloha that he just got from Paul because it was too bright.

As an economics minor, working as an economic researcher currently, and having competed nationally in economics, I’m all for free market and when someone buys or receives the title to something, they should be allowed to sell it for whatever price they want and for any reason they want.

But really? Getting a great uke from a great company that was honoring a void warrantee, getting a great uke from a great man who makes very generous contributions to the ukulele community, then turning around to sell them both to pay for school, while still actively looking to purchase other Hawaii-made ukes…

Again, I’m not trying to start a fight. I’m just saying what I see.

JOEinSD
09-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Dun dun dunn....

Boozelele
09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
I have to admit I'm not a fan of how this whole thing is going down either...i'm just saying.

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 01:47 AM
WOW!! Great points. Under other circumstances I'd be interested.

leftovermagic84
09-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Maybe Petah could step up and re-sell the kamaka for 150, same as he bought it. I'm sure there were people lining up for blocks when deach sold it. That way he gets some scratch, and somebody gets a great kamaka.

I know I haven't been around as long as some folks here, but the sense of family and community is overwhelming. Deals in the marketplace really do feel like dealing with family. There was a little hubbub over somebody pimping their ebay auction a while ago, and just like this, it wasn't against the rules per say, but it doesn't feel like something family does.

It's pretty common to see ukes in the marketplace going for well under what they're worth, and there is a whole vocabulary based on the giving away of ukuleles here. I don't believe in Karma, but I do believe that people take notice of the abuse of generosity. I get the feeling deals will dry up for those who take advantage.

Just my before coffee rambling. Hope this works out like it ought to. :shaka:

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 04:35 AM

I completely understand your before coffee ramblings. That is why I refrained from really commenting. This thread was a little too much for me but now my haze is slowly lifting.

Matt Clara
09-09-2009, 04:37 AM
Maybe Petah could step up and re-sell the kamaka for 150, same as he bought it. I'm sure there were people lining up for blocks when deach sold it. That way he gets some scratch, and somebody gets a great kamaka.

I know I haven't been around as long as some folks here, but the sense of family and community is overwhelming. Deals in the marketplace really do feel like dealing with family. There was a little hubbub over somebody pimping their ebay auction a while ago, and just like this, it wasn't against the rules per say, but it doesn't feel like something family does.

It's pretty common to see ukes in the marketplace going for well under what they're worth, and there is a whole vocabulary based on the giving away of ukuleles here. I don't believe in Karma, but I do believe that people take notice of the abuse of generosity. I get the feeling deals will dry up for those who take advantage.

As the guy who was pimping his uke auction here, I have to say, there's nothing wrong with trying to get fair market value for one's instrument, the problem here seems to be a possible misrepresentation of economic distress. With my latest auction, I did try to follow the unwritten group guidelines and listed my uke here first, and got no nibbles, so I moved it to ebay. Tomorrow I will be updating my original UU listing to indicate the auction is about to close. It's for a couple month old Kala cedar top that goes for $235+ new. Opening bid is for $170--I don't know what else you'd like me to do, I'm not rich, I can't afford to give it away, and as much as I like this group, you're not my family. Then again, if you were, I'd probably be coming here a lot less often than I am! ;)

russ_buss
09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
I think I should step in at this point and mention a few things. I am not necessarily trying to defame anyone, or start a flame war, but I think that I should say what I know and believe.

First of all, Petah was fortunate enough to buy this Kamaka soprano at the blowout price of $150 from Deach. I'm sure a lot of people wanted it (and now is their chance to get it, I guess.) That was about a month ago, so this is a quick turnaround sale here.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16682

Secondly, thanks to the excellent customer service at KoAloha,Petah got a brand new, handpicked soprano from the factory to replace a KoAloha that he had bought USED and which had some problems with finish and the saddle. KoAloha warrantees (and those of most major high-end companies) are very generous, but also only apply to the first owner. In other words, Petah’s used uke was not covered. Yet Paul steps in and offers a completely new soprano to replace it. That’s stellar service.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15678

Now, as a college student myself, I need to sympathize with Petah, because I know that school is expensive, and have a lot of friends who are taking out big loans or signing with the military (I'm all for our Armed Forces), to pay for school. For purposes of full disclosure, I receive a very generous academic-merit-based scholarship from my university, and my parents (Asian parents who highly value education) are helping me pay the dorm. So I don't have to sell my instruments. But I do understand if Petah is selling for college.

However, two things bother me.

First, just a few weeks ago, Petah was looking to buy another relatively-expensive uke. Possible bad financial planning, and didn’t foresee school expenses?

And second, two weeks ago, I received a PM from Petah inquiring about purchasing my Kamaka soprano that I had mentioned a LONG time ago on the forums. That’s all fine and good, but then, he revealed that he was planning on selling the KoAloha that he just got from Paul because it was too bright.

As an economics minor, working as an economic researcher currently, and having competed nationally in economics, I’m all for free market and when someone buys or receives the title to something, they should be allowed to sell it for whatever price they want and for any reason they want.

But really? Getting a great uke from a great company that was honoring a void warrantee, getting a great uke from a great man who makes very generous contributions to the ukulele community, then turning around to sell them both to pay for school, while still actively looking to purchase other Hawaii-made ukes…

Again, I’m not trying to start a fight. I’m just saying what I see.

i can't plus rep you again because of previous plus rep, but great sleuthing Jon. i knew something smelled fishy here.

to the OP, good luck with your financial situation but reselling something for profit that you bought for cheap on these forums and blaming it on your girlfriend may not have been the smartest move. that said, do what you like. karma or not, it's a free country.

ukerazy
09-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I would have loved to have taken Deach up on that wonderful opportunity. He gave some people here at UU the chance to have something we might usually not be able to afford. Had i have had the funds at the time i would have snapped it up, and i can safely say it would have been with me forever. Not only for the fact that its a Kamaka at a great price but the generosity that was behind it.

It's just a shame it didn't go to someone who really wanted to treasure it.

Sarkrates
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Ousted!! Karma coming round.

Sark

Lanark
09-09-2009, 06:05 AM
i can't plus rep you again because of previous plus rep, but great sleuthing Jon. i knew something smelled fishy here...

I'll +1 for you then.

Perhaps the OP can straighten some things out, but until then...

I was also looking at completed auctions on eBay today and it looks like Kamaka standard are averaging in the $250 range shipped. some more, some less depending. But lots to be had for under $300. Just sayin'..

Boozelele
09-09-2009, 06:19 AM
I seriously am not trying to pile on...but the worm can has been opened. I have two issues here...One is that someone who i consider a good friend did offer up some great instruments at unbelievably low prices, and I feel like that was taken advantage of (and yes I wanted it too), but the second thing is that it was purchased under the guise of a great birthday gift for a girlfriend...now it's being resold at a profit to pay tuition? I've never heard of anyone taking a gift back from a person to sell it to pay of debt. I guess that is really none of my business...but whole things smells....

.....also pre-coffee ramblings....:o

RevWill
09-09-2009, 06:39 AM
I agree. Something smells fishy. It seems that the generosity of Paul and the big D have been taken advantage of. Not cool.

It would appear, judging purely by the aforementioned actions on this board, that Petah has some issues surrounding fiscal management, personal responsibility, and maturity that he needs to address. I don't say this to throw stones - I say it as one who has been there before.

Again, the purpose of this post is not to slam Petah but to help him in a way that will benefit him long-term.

deach
09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I really don't care what he does with the uke. It's his. I didn't give him a special price or any special treatment. He was fast enough to get in on the deal that was offered to everyone. I also didn't read what his intent was when he bought the uke, not that it would have mattered.

RevWill
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I really don't care what he does with the uke. It's his. I didn't give him a special price or any special treatment. He was fast enough to get in on the deal that was offered to everyone. I also didn't read what his intent was when he bought the uke, not that it would have mattered.

Who asked you?!?

:smileybounce:

deach
09-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Who asked you?!?

:smileybounce:

lmao !

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I've been thinking about this thread all day while trying to teach my class and I have had four cups of coffee so I am clear headed now:). I wanted that uke when Deach offered it but I was late viewing the thread. In Petah's defense he isn't hiding the fact that he bought it at a bargain price. I do know if I was his girlfriend our relationship would be over. I still want the uke but I'm not going to buy it or bid on it because I think it is wrong but I'm not the one selling it and I believe before I talk about the splinter in my friends eye I need to pull the plank out of mine first.

petah
09-09-2009, 10:08 AM
So I'm being Flamed for trying to pay for school? Trying to help my friends buy Ukulele's (experimentjon)? Trying to feed myself? :wtf: I never thought I would be here selling everything I own But I am. You all have no idea what this is like. Nor Do I wish this upon you. Really... to judge me and label me?

If you can make me such a criminal on tidbits of stuff that is floating in the ether. Then maybe I should just quite this community. Which feels Very non christian right now.

petah
09-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I should follow this up with a question. What gives anyone the right to know my intimate problems of finance and scholarships?

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I should follow this up with a question. What gives anyone the right to know my intimate problems of finance and scholarships?

Petah your personal business is personal but you did bring it up and by doing that people bring it into the conversation. You have every right to sale that uke for whatever price you want for it. It might be frowned upon but no one complaining has to buy it. I personally won't buy it and even if the circumstances were different I wouldn't buy it (too expensive for me). BTW if my wife took a kamaka away from me or asked for one back I'd tell her no and I'm scared of my wife.

petah
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Petah your personal business is personal but you did bring it up and by doing that people bring it into the conversation. You have every right to sale that uke for whatever price you want for it. It might be frowned upon but no one complaining has to buy it. I personally won't buy it and even if the circumstances were different I wouldn't buy it (too expensive for me). BTW if my wife took a kamaka away from me or asked for one back I'd tell her no and I'm scared of my wife.

Thank you. The gf loves me and would help as much as she can. (not directed at you in any way) I did however say going eBay rate. No one offered so I pulled a price out of thin air. I would have done 300 shipped or lower but no one offered.

Now I'm afraid I can't sell it and I'll have to find something else to pawn.

Link
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Hahahaha! Too funny.

RevWill
09-09-2009, 10:37 AM
It is pure speculation, I will admit, and I intend no offense.

I understand that finances are hard, and sometimes very tough decisions have to be made. Been there too.

The only judgment we can make is one based upon the information available to us. I am sure there is more to your situation than meets the eye to the casual observer on these boards. And we don't need to know details beyond what you're willing to share. But you do see how one could come to a less-than-100% positive conclusion about your actions based on what is available to us, right?

I hope the best for you. I really do. I want to see you succeed. If I didn't, I wouldn't have posted anything. You're not the first to have these problems and you won't be the last. My wife and I have had to dig ourselves out of a credit card hole that we dug during grad school - and it took years and lots of tough decisions, and long-term changes in our spending habits.

petah
09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks RevWill. I find it hard to balance online anonymity. In my line of study and work we have to account to every variable and It's hard to say very little.

leftovermagic84
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Now I'm afraid I can't sell it and I'll have to find something else to pawn.

.....can we lock this then? please?

petah
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM
why lock? Send me a pm if you don't want to post.

Still on for 350-300 shipped.

Boozelele
09-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Petah, here is the deal...If you bought that uke from Deach (or anyone else for that matter) for $150, and as soon as you received it in the mail, you posted it here for $300 shipped, people would call you out on it. Certainly you see that right? It's only been a month...so it's not that different. Most everyone understands hard times. And you are free to do what ever you need to do. But you can understand the criticism.....right?

Ill make you a deal. I'll paypal you $150 right now, you can send it back to Deach, and we'll all start over. No harm no foul.

vahn
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
This is rediculous. Petah, when you are using an online forum to sell or buy something, it is good to be wary of the persons motives or reasons for selling. A lack of honesty or integrity can be a big thing when making the decision to purchase a uke and therefore send money anonymously to someone you have never met. All the things that were mentioned were simply true things you have posted on the forums that perhaps a newer member might not have been aware of. He's not really making any conclusions, just highlighting things you've said lately. By telling us your in a bad financial situation, your using that as a reason for you selling it (rather than saying the reasoning is to make a quick buck). You seem to be more mad for someone stating the truth, because of how it makes you look; which should say enough in and of itself.

bt93
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Ill make you a deal. I'll paypal you $150 right now, you can send it back to Deach, and we'll all start over. No harm no foul.

now thats truly an act that only a great friend would do

the.ronin
09-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Deach, can I but it from you for $150? :D

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8067/uas.gif

experimentjon
09-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Neg Rep on my post:
FS (Regretfully):...
09-09-2009 10:12 AM
You really Blow the big penis don't you?

Nah, I don't like to think of myself that way.

LOL at whoever neg repped me with that at that specific time, not that i really mind, especially since it didn't count since this person was an unknown quantity so the rep comes out grey. But it could have been anyone.... Not pointing fingers here. Draw your own conclusions. Just presenting facts.

deach
09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Neg Rep on my post:

LOL at whoever neg repped me with that at that specific time, not that i really mind, especially since it didn't count since this person was an unknown quantity so the rep comes out grey. But it could have been anyone.... Not pointing fingers here. Draw your own conclusions. Just presenting facts.

It was me, but I meant it as a compliment. Anyone can blow small ones.

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Neg Rep on my post:

Ohhhh I love a mystery but this one was too simple to figure out. 6 hour time difference so 10:12 Honolulu time is 1:12 pacific time, 2:12 Mountain, 3:12 Central, and 4:12 Eastern. Maybe we should link this thread to the other reputation thread over in uke talk?

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM

LMBO!!!!!!! Deach you always get me with your one liners.

experimentjon
09-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Hah, just as I suspected. I'm flattered that you think of me so highly. :cool:

And, nah, I don't really mind. It's just the internet. :)

leftovermagic84
09-09-2009, 01:19 PM
hey, I got one too....

FS (Regretfully):... 09-09-2009 04:04 PM I bet you can blow balls well.

I'm so glad we had that other thread that taught people how do this....

RevWill
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM

I can't speak for big D, but I'd bet he wouldn't take it. Perhaps you can send Petah the $150 and we give the uke to the best entry on the "Who would you Deach?" thread - turning it into a "Who WILL you Deach?" thread.

Ukulele JJ
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Then maybe I should just quite this community. Which feels Very non christian right now.

I'm not really sure how to take that last line. :confused:

JJ

petah
09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not even going to read any more of this. This will be my last post. Say what you want think what you want, it's your own opinion. I only ask that you try to pay for school with no loan. 'Pawn' your stuff so you can scrape together enough $$ for tuition and then get back to me. Maybe then you will see why I'm upset.

Really, Not fair to dog pile on someone when they are not trying to mess around and make $ for the only purpose of making $. Thanks for kicking me out of UU.

If you have anything meaningful to say send me a PM.

EDIT:Also, Please don't lock the thread let everyone have a say.
EDITx2: I'd be up for getting a refund and doing a Deach, but really why offer anything else to the community that just kicked me out? Sorry.

brickerenator
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't speak for big D, but I'd bet he wouldn't take it. Perhaps you can send Petah the $150 and we give the uke to the best entry on the "Who would you Deach?" thread - turning it into a "Who WILL you Deach?" thread.

I'd contribute $10 if someone would actually go through with it.

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 02:41 PM
We are like a pack of ravenous wolves circling our prey, looking for the moment to pounce.

Seriously our society teaches capitalism. I understand everyones point of view. I was lucky enough to earn my bas debt free thanks to my four years in the Marines but I am in debt for my masters. Let's give petah a chance. If we don't want it we don't have to buy it.

Boozelele
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Petah, My offer still stands bro. You get $150 for school. And we all start over.

RevWill
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Petah, My offer still stands bro. You get $150 for school. And we all start over.

I'm with Boozelele. No hard feelings.

DeG
09-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I think I'm going to puke from laughing so hard...OMG:rotfl:

Matt Clara
09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
As the guy who was pimping his uke auction here, I have to say, there's nothing wrong with trying to get fair market value for one's instrument, the problem here seems to be a possible misrepresentation of economic distress. With my latest auction, I did try to follow the unwritten group guidelines and listed my uke here first, and got no nibbles, so I moved it to ebay. Tomorrow I will be updating my original UU listing to indicate the auction is about to close. It's for a couple month old Kala cedar top that goes for $235+ new. Opening bid is for $170--I don't know what else you'd like me to do, I'm not rich, I can't afford to give it away, and as much as I like this group, you're not my family. Then again, if you were, I'd probably be coming here a lot less often than I am! ;)

To whoever left me the negative rep: you, sir, are a coward.

specialmike
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
If you can make me such a criminal on tidbits of stuff that is floating in the ether. Then maybe I should just quite this community. Which feels Very non christian right now.

... and? :rotfl: I don't think you have to be christian to play the ukulele. Moreover, you don't have to be christian to be a fun, loving, and overall nice person. ie. Jews or Muslims. (not relevant so no one say anything.)
Anyways, hope you get what you get. Let this be a lesson in future financial decisions. Don't buy something only to sell it down the road and feel bad; just don't buy it in the first place. I think everyone can understand that point, unless you're a billionaire or something.

Ukulele JJ
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I only ask that you try to pay for school with no loan.

Done it.

Heck, I'm doing again it right now! (It's why I haven't been flying in over a year, why I haven't had a real vacation in even longer, and why I'm in a full-blown SIUBM*.)

But you know what? You're are going to be so glad you didn't take out a loan. When you graduate and start earning some kale, you'll get to actually keep it. And you'll get to take jobs that you like, instead of being forced to take crappy-but-high-paying jobs simply to pay off a pile of debt.

JJ

* Self-Imposed Ukulele-Buying Moratorium

haolejohn
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I got a rep from a gray dot.not sure if it was good or bad.

I just thought of another solution. Go to a cheaper school and transfer to the good school at end.

mrUKETOBER
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm not even going to read any more of this. This will be my last post. Say what you want think what you want, it's your own opinion. I only ask that you try to pay for school with no loan. 'Pawn' your stuff so you can scrape together enough $$ for tuition and then get back to me. Maybe then you will see why I'm upset.

Really, Not fair to dog pile on someone when they are not trying to mess around and make $ for the only purpose of making $. Thanks for kicking me out of UU.

If you have anything meaningful to say send me a PM.

EDIT:Also, Please don't lock the thread let everyone have a say.
EDITx2: I'd be up for getting a refund and doing a Deach, but really why offer anything else to the community that just kicked me out? Sorry.

seriously im sorry but quit the dang whining .. its pathetic... i am goin through the same stuff. you act like you are the only kid ever to do it.. news flash you arent ! maybe try getting a job ? that usually helps.. btw whether you sell it for a rip off of 350 or the fair 150 its not gonna make much difference in your tuition .. i find this a scam and total crap.. but hey.. i also wanted that uke for 150.. but unlike some people apparently i was at WORK earning money while the thread was posted.. sorry to rag on you and sorry to be a jerk but really .. this is pathetic..

Link
09-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Here's mine:

FS (Regretfully):... 09-09-2009 08:34 PM Get into debt. Then yopu will be laughing

Haha awesome. BTW buddy. like Nic said.. you think we ain't been there done that? I'm from the ghetto foo! Haha. Man up.

You think we've taken this far enough off topic to get it closed? Hope so.

mrUKETOBER
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
haha thanks john glad someone agrees.. lol im sure ill get some negative rep points soon too haha

experimentjon
09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
So I'm being Flamed for trying to pay for school? Trying to help my friends buy Ukulele's (experimentjon)? Trying to feed myself? :wtf: I never thought I would be here selling everything I own But I am. You all have no idea what this is like. Nor Do I wish this upon you. Really... to judge me and label me?

Okay...lets see. In economic research, which is what I do for several hours a day, we get to look at data sets from government agencies. Then we need to write papers to tell the world what we make of those data sets, and try to explain trends and basically write the story behind the numbers that we see. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong...but we try to be right, to not look like idiots who are just blindly throwing darts to make predictions. So here, let’s look at some data. You can draw your own conclusions, and I’ll draw mine.

Now let me say I'm glad that I can use a little less discretion since Petah says he's not reading any more of this anyway. So I can say what I want.

First, why am I using up my time to dig up this stuff? Well, for one, because it personally bothered me that Petah was looking to sell his KoAloha after the company so graciously furnished him with a new one. Furthermore, his integrity came into question immediately after he named and shamed the company, deceitfully claiming defects, without first revealing that he had purchased a used instrument. I'll come out and say it, I was unhappy with that thread. It also annoys me that he spoke so highly of the KoAloha in his "The Ukes" thread, just to try turning it a week after.

But mainly, I DO NOT BELIEVE HIS STORY. I think it reeks of S***. So a big high five to Boozelele and RevWill and anyone else who believes Petah for being so trusting. (Personally, I wouldn’t Paypal him anything.) I on the other hand am not as trusting. So I’m going to come right out and say it. I don’t buy it. I don’t trust him, and I think that there are some holes in his story.

My main argument against him is that if he knew that he had tuition expenses that he needed to pay, barring some unforeseen catastrophe, he shouldn’t have been on the lookout to buy new ukes.

His rebuttal is that he is trying to help friends buy ukes.

Do you believe that? I don’t.

8/21/09:Looking to buy a uke…does not specify that it is for a friend, which most people have done when looking for ukes for friends…and this friend seems to have some pretty fine and specific tastes.

looking for a pre 2000 KoAloha sop/con

8/22/09: Now looking to build a custom, and has been saving for a while, although no time frame is mentioned.

Well, I really want a custom made and I have been saving for a while. I need some opinions on my wood choices.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197169&postcount=1

8/23/09: In a PM to me, WTB Kamaka soprano, while simultaneously looking to sell KoAloha soprano…coincidence? Possibly, but sounds to me like one is funding the other…especially on a limited student budget.

how much did you want for the kamaka soprano? I'm planning on selling my new Koaloha Soprano as I find It way too bright.

8/24/09: Would love to buy a KoAloha Concert in Hawaii

8/28/09: Looks like Petah scored himself a Martin

Ending my search.

I have found a martin... (another)
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200396&postcount=13

8/30/09: Enters discussions to purchase a KoAloha Soprano
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17954&page=2

9/2/09: Still looking for the perfect uke less than one week ago…but no time frame referenced…yet it looks like he is buying for HIMSELF.

Yes and no, the KoAloha is elusive. I'm on the lookout for the perfect uke/guitar.

The Kamaka is amazing the more I play it the more I like it. ( It was for the GF but she's afraid it will break it [ that and the tuners are very hard to use] so I gladly took possession of it)
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203094&postcount=17

-----------------------------------------

Maybe I’m reading into the whole thing. But honestly, that does not look to me like someone who is buying for a friend…especially since no mention of buying for a friend came up before today.

And I’ll use less discretion here too: I suspect…no, I’m pretty sure that it was Petah who spitefully left the neg rep about me being able to suck a big one. Reasoning? Time stamps matched up on his post activity and the time stamp on the rep. And secondly, the rep was grey, which means it came from someone who is an “unknown quantity.” (Petah has that reputation standing.) So sorry Deach, it wasn’t you, even though you came here to reduce conflict. Also, other people got neg repped too, who had the same opinions. And finally, there is nobody else who would have the motive to leave silly neg reps like that.

Like I said, I don’t really care about the neg rep, I bring it up because it casts even more light on Petah’s character if he actually was the one who left it.

And I'm not even going to comment on the unchristian remark. But yes, I am judging.

Okay at this point, discretion is going out the window.

Petah, leave if you want. We did not kick you out. You’re choosing to leave. You know what? I would too after losing so much face. But honestly, speaking for myself only, I would prefer that there are fewer people who lie, deceive, complain, and take advantage on these forums. So leave. Good bye. Greed and lies won’t get you anywhere in the long run, and you definitely won’t make any friends that way.

Good luck with school.

Edit: And you know what? Petah, if you do happen to read this, and I do have you totally wrong, I am completely willing to apologize for the misunderstanding.

Ukefloh
09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Dear UU-members,

I think we should see the facts from two sides.
The one is – the ukuleles are property of him and he can do what ever he like.
If he want to sell the ukuleles he can do it . And to what price he want. If he want to destroy the ukuleles he can also do it.

BUT the other side is – maybe he needs help.
A few of us can remember threats of him.
Looking for a pre 2000 KoAloha sop/con
Brainstorming the best aging uke
Looking for a vintage Kramer Baretta Guitar
A little dissapointed with my KoAloha

All posteted from July to now.

Maybe he dont know what he wants realy? Maybe he is writeing to get attention?
These are questions he only can answer by himself.

But dear Peter – the most important thing is, that everyday you wake up in the morning - you can see your reflection (in the mirror) and be proud.

Oh - i´m to late -

Dino
09-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Kum ba yah, my Lord, kum ba yah.........

Kaneohe til the end
09-09-2009, 11:04 PM
i will say this about his KoAloha. it doesnt sit right with Paul for someone to be dissatisfied with one of our ukes, he NEEDED to fix it. thanks guys, but no need to bring up heat about that.

Petah- I wish you the best of luck in paying for school. i went through the same thing, ended up selling an awesome uke to pay my tuition (granted, it sold for $1200, but i still wouldve rather kept it).

experimentjon
09-09-2009, 11:06 PM
i will say this about his KoAloha. it doesnt sit right with Paul for someone to be dissatisfied with one of our ukes, he NEEDED to fix it. thanks guys, but no need to bring up heat about that.

That's why Paul is the man.

cashew
09-09-2009, 11:37 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/abandonthread.gif

haolejohn
09-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Okay...lets see. In economic research, which is what I do for several hours a day, we get to look at data sets from government agencies. Then we need to write papers to tell the world what we make of those data sets, and try to explain trends and basically write the story behind the numbers that we see. Sometimes we are right, sometimes we are wrong...but we try to be right, to not look like idiots who are just blindly throwing darts to make predictions. So here, let’s look at some data. You can draw your own conclusions, and I’ll draw mine.

Now let me say I'm glad that I can use a little less discretion since Petah says he's not reading any more of this anyway. So I can say what I want.

First, why am I using up my time to dig up this stuff? Well, for one, because it personally bothered me that Petah was looking to sell his KoAloha after the company so graciously furnished him with a new one. Furthermore, his integrity came into question immediately after he named and shamed the company, deceitfully claiming defects, without first revealing that he had purchased a used instrument. I'll come out and say it, I was unhappy with that thread. It also annoys me that he spoke so highly of the KoAloha in his "The Ukes" thread, just to try turning it a week after.

But mainly, I DO NOT BELIEVE HIS STORY. I think it reeks of S***. So a big high five to Boozelele and RevWill and anyone else who believes Petah for being so trusting. (Personally, I wouldn’t Paypal him anything.) I on the other hand am not as trusting. So I’m going to come right out and say it. I don’t buy it. I don’t trust him, and I think that there are some holes in his story.

My main argument against him is that if he knew that he had tuition expenses that he needed to pay, barring some unforeseen catastrophe, he shouldn’t have been on the lookout to buy new ukes.

His rebuttal is that he is trying to help friends buy ukes.

Do you believe that? I don’t.

8/21/09:Looking to buy a uke…does not specify that it is for a friend, which most people have done when looking for ukes for friends…and this friend seems to have some pretty fine and specific tastes.

8/22/09: Now looking to build a custom, and has been saving for a while, although no time frame is mentioned.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197169&postcount=1

8/23/09: In a PM to me, WTB Kamaka soprano, while simultaneously looking to sell KoAloha soprano…coincidence? Possibly, but sounds to me like one is funding the other…especially on a limited student budget.

8/24/09: Would love to buy a KoAloha Concert in Hawaii

8/28/09: Looks like Petah scored himself a Martin

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200396&postcount=13

8/30/09: Enters discussions to purchase a KoAloha Soprano
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17954&page=2

9/2/09: Still looking for the perfect uke less than one week ago…but no time frame referenced…yet it looks like he is buying for HIMSELF.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203094&postcount=17

-----------------------------------------

Maybe I’m reading into the whole thing. But honestly, that does not look to me like someone who is buying for a friend…especially since no mention of buying for a friend came up before today.

And I’ll use less discretion here too: I suspect…no, I’m pretty sure that it was Petah who spitefully left the neg rep about me being able to suck a big one. Reasoning? Time stamps matched up on his post activity and the time stamp on the rep. And secondly, the rep was grey, which means it came from someone who is an “unknown quantity.” (Petah has that reputation standing.) So sorry Deach, it wasn’t you, even though you came here to reduce conflict. Also, other people got neg repped too, who had the same opinions. And finally, there is nobody else who would have the motive to leave silly neg reps like that.

Like I said, I don’t really care about the neg rep, I bring it up because it casts even more light on Petah’s character if he actually was the one who left it.

And I'm not even going to comment on the unchristian remark. But yes, I am judging.

Okay at this point, discretion is going out the window.

Petah, leave if you want. We did not kick you out. You’re choosing to leave. You know what? I would too after losing so much face. But honestly, speaking for myself only, I would prefer that there are fewer people who lie, deceive, complain, and take advantage on these forums. So leave. Good bye. Greed and lies won’t get you anywhere in the long run, and you definitely won’t make any friends that way.

Good luck with school.

Edit: And you know what? Petah, if you do happen to read this, and I do have you totally wrong, I am completely willing to apologize for the misunderstanding.

I think you need to give up economics and go into law. I will soon give my honest two cents since I was originally trying to resolve conflict but some didn't want it to be resolved because it did smell. But I need coffee first.

Ukulele JJ
09-10-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm beginning to rethink my sig line.

JJ

Ronnie Aloha
09-10-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm beginning to rethink my sig line.

JJ

Ouch:stop:

leftovermagic84
09-10-2009, 04:23 AM
I was raised to believe that it's fine, dandy and a lot of fun to beat a dead horse....but maybe we shouldn't shoot it too.

cornfedgroove
09-10-2009, 04:29 AM
conflict is a good thing

opens dialogue and promotes discussion
leads to conflict resolution and strengthens true friendships. It also weeds out the fakes and phonies leaving the community honest and content with their neighbors. Whether you agree or not, its always a blessing to know where you stand with people.

Integrity is paramount in any community - but how much more important in the ukulele community. The ukulele personifies the aloha ideal, and we all LOVE the ukulele in part BECAUSE of the spirit of ohana and everything it represents.

Accountability keeps you honest- we all need it, because we all go wrong sometimes...whether we know it or not. The community calls us into check and resolution comes in one way or another...regardless of decisions, with something like this, getting it out is always better than sweeping it under.

If there are 2 reasonable sides to the conflict, then you have good, logical dialogue (even though it may get heated since we all think we're right). However, you quickly discover if only one side is legitimate when the other side begins making it personal. People act out with rude behavior, throwing insults and even threats when they dont have a leg to stand on in the discussion. I think we've all seen that, and even done that (I know I have...much to my shame). That dynamic alone reveals a great deal about the nature of the argument...and the response of the various parties after the heat dies down reveals alot about their respective characters (ie. admission of poor behavior & decision-making, forgiveness, acceptance etc on both sides). It forces you to either get back "in check" with the community or get out.

Certainly I could make numerous specific comments regarding this thread, but I think its pretty black and white. What's right is right...and that just isnt going to change, nor would we want it to.

keithy351
09-10-2009, 05:19 AM
ok so im not gonna read through 7 pages of stuff but im trying to understand if someone can fill me in, this dude is buying ukes and putting up wanted adds for really cheap ukes which people are kind enough to sell well under the asking price and then hes selling them off for double? and he bought deaches kamaka for $150 but is trying to sell it off for $350??

the.ronin
09-10-2009, 05:38 AM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/abandonthread.gif

LLOOLLLLSSS

I’m so saving that one. :D

Kanaka916
09-10-2009, 05:57 AM
I'm gonna follow deach's lead on this one. I'm quite positive the message about how everyone feels made a definite impact. Let's leave this one behind us. That said, this thread is now closed.