uke books

ukuleG

Reaction score
what ukulele books are a must have for any player?. its just occurred to me after 2 years of playing i don't own any ukulele song/chord books.

I've been wonderin the same thing. Everything I've seen at my music store of choice is really kinda lame though. Your prabably better off just stickin to the net

I recently bought Fretboard Roadmaps - Ukulele: The Essential Patterns That All the Pros Know and Use by Jim Beloff.

its been really helpful. it helps if you know some music theory.

fretboard, fretboard, fretboard!!!!

I like Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps, not a song book, but it has bits of songs. It is a very good book for learning chords and scales up the neck I would recommend it to any advanced beginner who plays well in open position but does not know where things are up the neck. Mel Bay has a book Finger Style Solos for Ukulele, great arrangements that are a bit easier then the ones in the John King book, which is also great but I end up comparing my feeble attempts to the late great Mr. King and then I get sad.:(

The John King classical book is the only one I've bought so far. Coming from a background in classical guitar, I haven't really felt the need to acquire any basic instructional books. I've been able to find everything on chords and stuff online and I've printed out quite a few tabs.

Which reminds me that I should probably order another black ink cartridge before I run out. Hubby would be pretty ticked at me if he needed a map printed out to go on a job and I let the printer run out of ink, since it's attached to my PC. :rolleyes:

thanks for your replies i guess the first i will get is the fretboard roadmap, then probably john kings as ive seen that pop up in a few other threads.

Top Bottom