Whatever happened to Bushman?

newuker

Reaction score
Hi guys -

I'm pretty new. Girlfriend gave me an Ohana tenor, recently purchased a Kala Mango tenor (confess the looks were a maor part).

I'm considering a used Bushman Concert Jenny. I've heard great things about them, but the praise is all dated. They have disappeared from the online dealers, and lots of other dealers. Does anybody know the scoop?

Any concert Jenny owners out there who would like to comment on their jennies?

I think what happened to Bushman is other people started to do what Bushman was doing, inexpensive solid wood imports, but better.

checkout mainland ukes (though I love my Bushman Jenny Soprano Pineappkle)

Should be the same factory as Ohana, and Bushman

long live Bushman and other good ukes

I hear a lot of people trashing Bushman for their service but let me tell you that I have two wonderful Bushman that are great ukes, superior to my Ohanas, my Pono and my Kalas, which are all good, but my Bushman have nicer sounds baritone and tenor. Neither however is as good or as expensive as my Kanilea. I know a great player at the Berkeley Ukulele Club who teaches us all and plays a Bushman concert. His opinion is that Mainland and Bushman are equal.

So, I just wonder whether some people need a place to dump their negativity or whether some people just need to take sides.

I remember great players who played on Silvertones and bad players who had the most expensive equipment.

Spend more time playing and less time comparing.

I think one of the problems is that bad customer experience leaves you with a taste in your mouth that you can't shake for quite some time. In boards like these, it really only takes a few threads complaining about getting the shaft before people, especially those new to the scene, will start avoiding a company altogether.

My gloss finish, Bushman Jenny Concert is strung with Worth Clears and I play it often. Very rich, mellow tone. People always comment about how nice it sounds whenever I play it in public.
Regards,
Ray

Hi guys -

I'm pretty new. Girlfriend gave me an Ohana tenor, recently purchased a Kala Mango tenor (confess the looks were a maor part).

I'm considering a used Bushman Concert Jenny. I've heard great things about them, but the praise is all dated. They have disappeared from the online dealers, and lots of other dealers. Does anybody know the scoop?

Any concert Jenny owners out there who would like to comment on their jennies?

I think they were sold, the original owner was a really good aggressive promoter, kept on top of everything. I thnk without his leadership things have suffered. I own 4 Bari, concert, Pinapple and soprano. Realy nice ukes.

Their customer support REALLY sucks. It only takes one bad experience and you will avoid that company regardless of their product quality (or lack of).

Stick with Mainland or one of the other makers that do stand behind their products. Lord help you if you get a hold of a bad Bushman (and they are out there).

I get the feeling, and this is pure speculation on my part, that there is far more to the story than meets the eye; and I would bet that there are some who hang on these boards who know the story and are not at liberty to tell it.

I will say that I wanted a Bushman several years ago, and the fact that Mainlands essentially are the same ukes with some minor aesthetic differences is what sold me on them. Well, that and Mike's reputation as a stellar guy.

I have heard lots of great things about Bushman ukes and I'm sure they're sweet.

Top Bottom