Who would you Deach?

Uncle-Taco

Reaction score
I've thought of posting this question for a while but I haven't because I don't have a choice of my own yet:

If you could Deach any ukulele to anyone (musical artist, film star, historical figure, other celebrity, cartoon...?...) currently living or otherwise,
1. Who would you choose, and why?
2. What ukulele would you like to present to them? (maker, size, style, wood, other-worldly features...what?)
3. What would you hope to see/hear them do with it? (Jam with you? perform something? Teach you? ???)

Do a few if you like, since we're fantasizing!:D

(Edit: Make that "Whom"; I'm an editor; that's my excuse)

Last edited:
1. I would deach you, just because (this is the only valid reason to deach someone).
2. A custom of your choice, style/wood/size of your choice.
3. I would hope that you put in on a hanger on your living room wall. The ultimate wallhanger!

Good thing we're fantasizing...

I would deach Darth Vader with a tiki fluke.

I would deach Deach because well, Deach getting Deached would be quite funny.
I'd give him...whatever he wanted.
I'd want him to give me a lesson, I think. :D

I'd deach, Deach.

I'd give him a year's supply of disposable razors for his head.
I'd give him a bow tie (another one that is).
A gallon of Axe cologne...for obvious reasons....;)

I would 'ukerazy' a Pineapple sunday to Ankho honu and have it engraved saying 'Pineapple dude!' Maybe one day my friend!!

Last edited:
i would show you all and get deach to deach me with a pono mango, that'll show all of you... Or i would deach Osama Binlardin with a fluke soprano cowboy theme

There are loads of people to whom I'd love to give gifts. For the purpose of the thread I have to narrow it down a bit, so I'm tackling the question in the "traditional" context of deaching ukuleles.

At the jam I organise in our local pub I get so many people coming up to me and saying "Oh, I really wish I could play a musical instrument". After experiencing the indescribable joy of making music with other people (or at least trying to!), I think that it is just so sad that someone who yearns to play should not have a go at doing so.

If I could afford it I would deach a modest Makala dolphin to each of the people who say that to me. There can be no easier or better instrument to learn to play to a modest level than an ukulele.

Tell you what, as soon as I'm a little way out of the woods as far as debt is concerned I'm going to do it at least once. The only problem will be choosing which person to deach. I'll have to do it quietly so the others don't know - at least until I win the lottery and can buy a bunch of dolphins!

I know that Deach always claims that he is just repaying the karma that hit him up first, but to have inspired a craze for giving gifts of music, and having the practice named after him... well, I hope it gives him the joy he deserves. I reckon his karma account must be in credit by now.

I've finally got one. Buddhu inspired me:

Who? A random kid. The first greasy-haired, shy, lonely kid who stared at said ukulele in "that" way. I'd know the look when I saw it.

Why? I was that kid. Our school had a uke club, but my mom wouldn't let me go nor would she fork out the 9 bucks (17 for a "baritone") for a uke, and I wanted nothing more on God's green earth. There was nothing cooler that I ever saw, but it was sooooo out of my reach.

What ukulele? The Honu with the sea turtle bridge. I think I would have loved that as a kid.

What would I want to see them do with it? Sparkle. I'd know that look when I saw it, too. (And then bust into "Hey Joe." ;))

I would deach a Flea and a beginner-level songbook of children's songs to my sister-in-law. She's a Kindergarten teacher, and she wishes she could play a musical instrument.

I'd love to give a uke away to some of the people who have done so much for the ukulele community like seeso, dom, or deach. But I don't think I'd be able to afford much so it would probably be something that they could put up a contest for, that or something really strange like a banjolele or a sopranino.

I would Deach my dad.

He played the guitar when he was younger and when I asked him if he still had one around the house he said "no" and I could hear some sadness in his voice. I know he would enjoy a ukulele.

He's had a really bad year with his health and I think he would be the perfect candidate for a mahogany mainland tenor.

(then again, I think just about anyone's a good candidate for a mainland!)

:smileybounce:

Who would I deach?

yo mamma (sorry, I couldn't resist!).

I'd probably Deach Deach, Deach Deach.

Top Bottom