Now I've got a New Mainland

specialmike

Reaction score
I ordered a Red Cedar Soprano last Thursday. It was sitting in Atlanta, GA all weekend, but I couldn't go and pick it up. So I got it this afternoon at 3:30pm. :) I'm relieved. At first I thought I wouldn't like it. I really kind of wanted a Concert, but I had to buy something because of my inflamed UAS. I want to say I'm the first person to have played this particular ukulele apart from the manufacturer, but I don't know :D I'd like to think that I'm the first person to have touched this ukulele. Anyways...

So with the addition of my new Red Cedar Soprano, it brings my ukulele collection to four. I only have two hands though. I'm going to have to learn how to play with my feet and do a duet.

But I wanted to say something relevant. Mainlands... they're LOUD! If you're looking into an ukulele that has more amplification and resonance, Mainlands must be it, that is if you're not willing to throw out 500+ for a KoAloha. I'm serious, LeeLa, my KoAloha Tenor, just might be a little quieter than my new Mainland. Maybe I need to change her strings, but still! A Mainland is the way to go if you want a loud, a nice looking, and nice sounding ukulele, and relatively good value ukulele. It may not be koa, but the louder we play, the less it matters :D:music:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03FTtIS7x38

Last edited:
Killer instrument, ain't it!? (Yeah, the sheer loudness is amazing.)
Happy new uke!

Congratulations! :shaka: :)

Not only that... CHICKS DIG 'EM!
picture.php

Congrats, SpecialM. I know you sound terrific on it.

Congrats, SpecialMike!!! The red cedar soprano is at the top of my UAS list.

Sooo......WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!! ;)

KP, the red cedar pineapple is probably the top of my list. The one Cecilg took home from the SE jam was nice.

I'm so in love with my red cedar tenor it's ridiculous.

Awesome, specialmike! I tell you, those Mainland ukes almost converted me at the picnic. I am a confirmed player of vintage instruments,:eek:ld: but I felt the tug pretty bad when I was holding that Mainland.

I don't think you should regret not getting a tenor. I still think the soprano is the real deal. Tenor and concert are nice, but the soprano is the sound.:2cents:

My daughter has the cedar/rosewood concert and I have the all mahogany concert. They're both loud! We love them!

Top Bottom