Uke Documentary - NY People needed

psesinkclee

Reaction score
I'm starting my senior year as Biology student at Siena College up near Albany, NY and I'm taking a class called documentary filmmaking.

We have to make a 10minute documentary for the end of the semester, and I was thinking about doing it on Modern Ukulele Players. I'd be asking the basics, like what got you started, do you know anything about the history of the instrument, get you guys to play a diddy or 2 on your ukes, etc.

Does anyone live around Albany, or in NY between Albany and NJ? I live back in NJ and wouldn't mind doing a few stops on my way down for some interviews.

I live on Long Island and also have some friends going to school in Albany and Plattsburgh so will be taking a road trip up there sometime. Maybe that can work? I'm not one of the good players though.

I go to Albany Med. Sounds like you might be on the way to med school too. I just started playing in April, so I'm not sure how much help I'd be.

I live on Long Island and also have some friends going to school in Albany and Plattsburgh so will be taking a road trip up there sometime. Maybe that can work? I'm not one of the good players though.

If you're taking a roadtrip to Plattsburgh, you might just as well visit the Vt Ukulele Society on the other side of the pond!

I'm 20-some minutes North of you in Clifton Park, and I work in Troy. I'm a uke newbie, but I've been playing other instruments for many years, including pennywhistles (which I also make), mandolin, guitar, recorder, Irish flute, etc.
If you can use any of that I'd be happy to help.

You can just call me Paul too...:)

Top Bottom