Ohana TK-75CG Opinions

brUKEman

Reaction score
Anyone own one of these Ohana's and what is your opinion of them. I've played the TK-35G and like that a lot and thought this would be an upgrade to it. Any infor would be appreciated.

these are very nice ukuleles when setup properly. The ukulele actually reminds me of a old Kiwaya deluxe model that sold for 1000.00 in years past same design and build Solid flame maple back and sides and sprcetop with bling to boot...

Anyone own one of these Ohana's and what is your opinion of them. I've played the TK-35G and like that a lot and thought this would be an upgrade to it. Any infor would be appreciated.

I have represented Ohana at most of this year's European uke festivals. I have played the TK75CG at most of them. I like it a lot. It has beautiful solid woods and real abalone purfling.

It is not really sensible to view it as an upgrade to the TK35G, although it is certainly more expensive. No, it is just different. It has very altogether different tonal characteristics due to the woods used. True, both use all-solid woods. However the mahogany TK35G has a velvety, mellow tone, whilst the TK75CG has more treble and bite to the sound.

They are so different that they compliment each other very well.

Top Bottom