jake strum

l0calb0y91

Reaction score
hey guys, was wondering if anyone knows how Jake does his strumming where he mutes the strings on the downstrum...he does it in gently weeps as well as lets dance...i may need to clarify the strum more but it makes a *ch* sound lol
if someone could explain this, that would be awesome!

Here a forum that deals with the same topic your wanting to learn about:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164

As for advice. . .uhh I just strum down with my finger, but before my finger makes contact with the first string, my palm is already on all four strings and mutting them.
So I guess to break it down:
1. you strum like you normally do
2. on the strum you wanna do the crunk sound, try hit the strings with the lower left of your palm first (the outside part under your pinkie finger)
3. while simutaniously strumming with your finger(s)
4. once you finish the strum you can lay your hand flat on the strings to maybe add to the percussion effect. . .

I'm not sure if that makes any kinda sense what so ever, but that's how I do it. I'll try and make a vid in the near future to further explain it to you if that'll help.
Ne ways, hope that helped, if you gots any other questions feel free to hit me up :)

cool

Here a forum that deals with the same topic your wanting to learn about:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164

As for advice. . .uhh I just strum down with my finger, but before my finger makes contact with the first string, my palm is already on all four strings and mutting them.
So I guess to break it down:
1. you strum like you normally do
2. on the strum you wanna do the crunk sound, try hit the strings with the lower left of your palm first (the outside part under your pinkie finger)
3. while simutaniously strumming with your finger(s)
4. once you finish the strum you can lay your hand flat on the strings to maybe add to the percussion effect. . .

I'm not sure if that makes any kinda sense what so ever, but that's how I do it. I'll try and make a vid in the near future to further explain it to you if that'll help.
Ne ways, hope that helped, if you gots any other questions feel free to hit me up :)

wow, thanks for the advice. it helps me understand a little more.
a video would be nice but you dont' have to :]
thanks.

Top Bottom