Springsteen on Ukulele?

Kmetzger

Reaction score
What are you all playing from Bruce on the Ukulele?

I'd be interested to know which of his songs you think are well suited for the Ukulele. And which you like of his plucked and which you like strummed.

Thanks.

What are you all playing from Bruce on the Ukulele?

I'd be interested to know which of his songs you think are well suited for the Ukulele. And which you like of his plucked and which you like strummed.

Thanks.

I do 10th Avenue Freeze Out alot...it sounds good on uke!

I've messed around with "I'm On Fire" (fingerpicked), "My Hometown" (strummed), and "Nothing Man" (either way) on the uke before. Mellow Bruce like that seems to work pretty well.

JJ

I'm thinking about Roselita, I Came For You, and Lost in the Flood....I'm just not sure anyone wants to hear some obscure Bruce tune that no ones ever heard of. But I'm a fan of his really old stuff.

Bruuuuce rocks. I can't imagine anyone under 30 into him. At 34, I'm such an oldtimer....(and a music geek).

His 1st 4 albums are AMAZING. Especially the 2nd. For some reason, I love that one. Rosalita rocks. I wanna hear a Ukulele orchestra do Kitty's Back!!!!

Bruuuuce rocks. I can't imagine anyone under 30 into him. At 34, I'm such an oldtimer....(and a music geek).

His 1st 4 albums are AMAZING. Especially the 2nd. For some reason, I love that one. Rosalita rocks. I wanna hear a Ukulele orchestra do Kitty's Back!!!!

I'm 20 and Bruce is one of my musical idols. I mostly listen to indie and punk music, but once Bruce comes on, I am in a trance.

And for my favorite songs that I would love to hear on the ukulele, 10th Avenue Freeze Out and I'm On Fire are up there. I would like to hear Born to Run also mainly because that song is just so freaking amazing. Actually, I could listen to any Bruce on the ukulele and instantly fall in love with it, but those are just three of my favorites off the top of my head out of the many I know and love.

I'm 20 and Bruce is one of my musical idols. I mostly listen to indie and punk music, but once Bruce comes on, I am in a trance.

And for my favorite songs that I would love to hear on the ukulele, 10th Avenue Freeze Out and I'm On Fire are up there. I would like to hear Born to Run also mainly because that song is just so freaking amazing. Actually, I could listen to any Bruce on the ukulele and instantly fall in love with it, but those are just three of my favorites off the top of my head out of the many I know and love.

Very cool. Hope I didnt offend the under 30's..... Bruce is a cool dude.

Oohhh and for a great rare cut, check out Thunder Crack. Such a cool 70's tune of his.

Very cool. Hope I didnt offend the under 30's..... Bruce is a cool dude.

Oohhh and for a great rare cut, check out Thunder Crack. Such a cool 70's tune of his.

No offense taken from this youngin'. Something about him elevates him to god status for me though.

Bruce still puts on one helluva show, too. He and Jimmy Buffett are two "older" performers that still pack the house (Stadiums).

I am old enough that I remember Bruce first coming onto the music scene. I was Playing music before then.

Bruce is a youngster, though. I interviewed Bill Tapia yesterday afternoon for Ukulele Player Magazine. That feature will be in the next issue. Bill is 101 years old. He is sharp as a tack mentally and a great musician.

The Boss

Long before the MTV years Bruce was known for his great live shows. He literally would play non-stop for 3 hours. Unfortunately, as with many performers they became popular and lost some of their edge. You can see what Bruce was like in those early days here and here. He was known in rock-n-roll circles simply as "The Boss". Then Nancy Reagan came along and told us to just say "no".......everyone put down the bong and Bruce started playing pop ballads...:(

Anyway...Uke-Bruce could never be a bad idea.

I'm 17 and he has been one of my favoritte since I was 13 :p

I'm thinking about Roselita, I Came For You, and Lost in the Flood....I'm just not sure anyone wants to hear some obscure Bruce tune that no ones ever heard of. But I'm a fan of his really old stuff.

I only like the obscure old stuff myself, I think Greetings From Asbury Park is one of the best allbums ever and I don't really care for Born In The USA or more recent stuff. So do some old Bruce at least one person will watch it!:cheers:

Last edited:
Bruuuuce rocks. I can't imagine anyone under 30 into him. At 34, I'm such an oldtimer....(and a music geek).[...]

You never can tell with the age thing. The older I get, the more I seem to get interested in stuff from before I was born!

When I was a kid I was into Motown and Stax. In my teens I worked my way through prog rock, hard rock, metal and punk. In my 20s I got into blues, then indie/alternative rock, then rap (mostly Public Enemy), then folk, then traditional and world music...

These days I seem to have developed a growing love for songs from the 1920s and 30s. Show songs that became jazz standards, Tin Pan Alley stuff... That kind of thing.

Kids who missed Springsteen at his height may yet find themselves discovering him when they reach senility! :D

I wanna do Racing in the Streets. Gotta figure out a key to translate that signature piano intro.

Top Bottom