when you pick up your uke what is the first song you automatically start playing?

cabby

Reaction score
this is my first post :]
and mines the overly covered waiting in vain hahaha

ilove ukuleleunderground.com
so much good stuff in one place

theres.. an additional title?

this is my first post :]
and mines the overly covered waiting in vain hahaha

ilove ukuleleunderground.com
so much good stuff in one place

agreed. aha i love playing that song! for me, it really depends on whut i was learning right before i went to bed. thats right, before i sleep, i play, and when i wake up i play :]

lately its been facemeltingukulele's cover of gravity. its just a great blues cover, and i had to know how to play it.

Usually either Aloha Oe or an intrumental version of "I Need you" by G harrison. Or sometimes One Note Samba (James Hill's version).

agreed. aha i love playing that song! for me, it really depends on whut i was learning right before i went to bed. thats right, before i sleep, i play, and when i wake up i play :]

lately its been facemeltingukulele's cover of gravity. its just a great blues cover, and i had to know how to play it.

i always play my uke before i sleep. such a relaxing way to end the day.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess that would be, "Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You." or "Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea".

Interesting question.

Ukantor.

It's a Heartache:D

I rarely sing it anymore though, I just run through it out of habit. It's the first song I learned how to play on my uke, and playing through it makes it easy to hear if the uke needs tuning:) Sometimes I strum, sometimes I pick... It's a great song:music:

After a C, an F, and a G7 (and always those chords and always in that order for some reason) to see if it's in tune, then "Staten Island Slide." It just happens; I can't help it!

After a C, an F, and a G7 (and always those chords and always in that order for some reason) to see if it's in tune, then "Staten Island Slide." It just happens; I can't help it!

i am currently in the process of learning that one. juss learned ohta sons "hawaii". such a beautiful song.

somewhere over the rainbow iz version, think cause its the 1st song i learnt :shaka:

Any one of either 'Five Foot Two' (first uke song I learned!)
'Nowhere Man' or 'London Calling' depends what mood I am
in when I grab the beast!

I always seem to play these two when I'm warming up:
"Something" The Beatles
"Tonight You Belong To Me"

I play "Ode to Joy" fairly frequently, but usually I play "Jesus, What a Friend for Sinners" first thing. Playing that song loosens up my fingers and tells me if the instrument is in tune etc. Other favorites include, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", "Groovy Kind of Love", "All I Need Is the Air That I Breathe", "Here Comes the Sun", and the largo movement from Vivaldi's Concerto in Dmaj. How's that for an eclectic mix?

Top Bottom